For or against tattoos with the name of the lover?

a lot of people tend 2 tattoo the name of their boyfriend/girlfriend.. So what do you think? for or against ? reasons ?

Most Helpful Girl

• The idea of getting inked appeals to me. However, there is no way I would put the name of a boyfriend on my skin. Relationships end and having his name etched on me forever is simply not an option. I will have to look at it everyday and be reminded of him. I will have to pay a lot of money to have the tatt removed by lasers and the procedures are painful. Depending on how/where the name is on the body, the artist may or may not be able to cover or redesign it. Giving my heart and myself to the guy I love is special enough, I will not ink his name on my body.

What Guys Said 10

• If you break up, you have a random name on your body which future partners will be wary of.

I'm against it as you never know what might happen.

• If you know you will be with them for rest of your life. Then it is ok to ink their name on you. I have my wife name ink on me and I love the fact I have it.

• Against. What if your "lover" does something to you that you can't forget something bad.

• Children/relatives yes. Partners/lovers NEVER

• Sounds kinda cheesy, and if you break up, good luck removing the tattoo.

• Against. Because if you break up you'll live with that forever and basically if you have a son you'll have to name the child after your ex- because it won't confuse your son when he gets older ??

• Against cause what happens if you break up and it permeant

• Against, thats permanent and people arent.

• Against. As much as I like the idea of being that in love, personally, I'm not going to get a tattoo unless it's of something I'm certain my opinion of will never change.

• Not a good idea if the relationship ends and the new partner sees it, cost of removing or covering it up etc.

What Girls Said 4

• OH HELL NO!

:)

Because you just never know.

Maybe if I got married and popped out a few kids. Because then the guy would be important forever even if we divorced he'd still be the father of my children.

I dunno, if you're thinking about it, please don't do it!

• Ohh no don't worry I'm not thinking about it because I have the same opinion as urs =)

• Big negative on that I don't have any tatts. But the only name I'd get inked is my sons name

• against. I might get a matching tattoo with my husband but I wouldn't get anyones name tatted on me except for maybe my kids. well I don't think I would get inked at all, but if I did I wouldn't get a lovers name. anything could happen, what if you break up

• I have my boyfriends name tattooed on me -on the hip - in an area that is covered by underwear. Nobody knows I have it but him and the tattoo artist who did it. It is something fun he and I both love and enjoy. I've been with my boyfriend 5 years ... I got it 4 years in it. He knows he is paying for the removal of it if it was ever the case. But the way I see it - I hope we stay together forever but if we don't - I know that while I am getting it removed if I were to get in a new relationship with someone else, I will not get intimate with them until its gone - so therefore even if I want to get intimate - I will be good and wait enough time to get intimate. I would never tell my new partner I ever had it or why I am making him wait :). I told my boyfriend - even if we broke up - he will always be in my heart and he will keep me good even after we break up --- until the tattoo is gone. But no matter what, I am not sorry I have the ttattoo. My boyfriend was my first and I hope my only - his name will always be tattooed in my heart :)

• OMG I really like ur answer you both seem in both love with each other.. hope for best =) <3