Girls, are leather leggings literally hot? How do you wear them in summer?

They look hot, i mean literally hot, how do you wear these in the summer heat?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, I'm biased because I am a desert rat (my idea of "perfect weather" is about 110-115ºF / 45ºC when it's dry).
    But, I am totally #teamleatherleggings, and I wear them all the time in the summer. A couple of things:

1)
    Leather is actually very breathable.
    Desert boots (hint... *desert* boots, they're made for heat) are always made of leather -- not synthetics -- because leather does a really good job of being a breathable barrier that doesn't trap moisture. The only thing is that you have to wear the right kind of moisture-wicking socks with them.

Leather leggings are almost never raw leather -- they almost always have a lining. If the lining is made of something that properly wicks moisture away from yr legs -- which *usually* is a thing in more expensive leggings, not so much in cheaper ones -- then you won't accumulate an uncomfortable layer of sweat underneath 'em.

2)
    Color matters.
    Wearing BLACK leather leggings, if there's bright sun outside, is not the smartest move on earth.
    On the other hand, hot pink leather leggings? Fuck yessss <3

3)
    Not all leather leggings are that length.
    Mine are almost all capris or crops (most brands of full-length leather leggings are too short for me). Those lengths are perfect for the summertime.

4)
    SYNTHETIC leather leggings are a BIG no-no in the heat.
    Most types of manmade leather don't "breathe" AT ALL. These will leave you miserable, and quite literally damp with a layer of yr own sweat trapped between you and the fake leather. Please don't.

__

The girl in the picture is wearing full-length leggings... which are black. If it's actually hot outside (as opposed to just sunny), that's not the greatest move in the world.

And WHYYYYY is she putting her purse down on that dirty-ass sidewalk? Why why why why why please God whyyyyyy

... and I live in southern California, so, it's pretty much summer 9 months of the year here anyway.

What Girls Said 14

• I don't wear them, but I would imagine so. I feel like I am different from most girls. I get hot so easily, and yet I see so many girls wearing pants and sweaters on the hottest days. There is a girl I work with who wears nothing but jeans and long sleeves. The thing is, she complains about the heat too. It gets hot in there because it's a factory, so I don't get it.

Yeah that is really rare! Almost every girl I've met was the get cold easily type. That's too bad, girls who bundle up in sweaters, turtlenecks, layers, winter accessories are super cute.

• I actually don't wear them in the summer cause they make me feel hot. Literally hot.

• I'm actually wearing one of my pairs right now. It's a cloudy day. If it's hot like last weekend, I will not wear my.

• Pleather* yes but I don't think much different to normal leggings...

• I love them but I don't wear i t in the Summer no leather in Summer for me

• I do wear my sometimes in the summer, because I can

• I just wear them in the fall and the winter. Maybe sometimes in the spring.

• I wear my in the winter. They help around here when it's super cold!!

• I rarely wear my at all lol. Only at special events

• I wear my mostly when it's cold

• I just wear my during the fall and the winter!!

• Ew, I don't like those.

• I don't wear them ever.

• I do not wear them in the summer.