Do men age better than women?

That may be my personal taste, but most of men I found attractive were on their prime at their thirty-something, or even in their forties, while women where already down hill after 30.

Some exemples that comes to my mind now are Sean Connery, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Clint Eastwood and Paul Newman.

Of course, there are very hot women with more than 30. Penelope Cruz is as gorgeous as ever and Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast as Tiffany's was 32 and was probably the most gorgeous woman ever at that film. Yet, most of women in my opinion were also on their prime in their twenties.

Do you agree? If so, why is the cause? Pregnancy? Too much makeup? Hormones? The society itself? Some other?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think society has decided that typical older characteristics look better on men than on woman. We both get wrinkles, we both get gray hair, but in popular mainstream media, those men are still portrayed as valid romantic interests, while a woman of similar age simply won't be cast. Look up the gigantic age differences between leading men and their leading ladies, and the popular actresses that say they were told they were "too old" for a role alongside a similarly aged male. Not to say that this happens all the time, but it's definitely something to look at.

Most Helpful Guy

• No it comes down to genetics and life styles. Using hollywood actors is silly most guys do not look nearly as good as them at those ages. Plus most probably have had some work done. I could cite Christie Brinkley. She's in her 60s and she still looks like a model.

Some women age well some men age well. Just look at your parents. You'll probably age like they did.

What Girls Said 5

• Nope. Society has just been programmed to disregard wrinkles on a man's face... While a woman is a hag with smile lines... apparently. xD

• lol no. I see more attractive older women than i do older men. Brad pitt looks old. Clint eastwood looks like the guy from tales from the crypt, Goerge clooney has never been attractive. You cannot compare celebs to average people. They get work done all the time.

• i think it all depends on genetics

• Men age like wine; women age like milk is an age old adage

But I don't know my mom is aging way better than my dad and my grandmother aged WAYYYY better than my grandfather. So I think it's safe to say it's depends on the person.

• In my opinion, no.

What Guys Said 7

• Living a healthy and active life can do a lot to mitigate aging, as can picking a flattering wardrobe and hairstyle.

There are some people who were only attractive because they were young... it's hard to explain but youthfulness kept them appealing, but their same looks with the aging process applied and it's just not nice any more.

You look at Sarah Evans or Reba McEntire for examples of older women who've aged well (yes, I know Reba had plastic surgery)

• No, we age at the same rate. The difference is that the aging features of men are more attractive than the aging features of women. Men look good with some wrinkles and grey hair, while women do not.

• I think it is probably equal.

• I think on average we do age better than women but I'm sure there are exceptions.

• Men age worse than women

• men age like wine. women age like milk.

• It's not that men don't show age, they do, and if they don't care for themselves, they do even more.

It's that looking youthful is less of an appearance boost for men. Middle aged people -can- (not always) convey a sense of wisdom/authority/competence. While those are admirable traits in a woman, they don't actually turn men -on-. So for men, to a point, getting older they look both worse and better. Women just look... worse.