Girls, is it bad fashion sense to wear shorts under your skirt or dress?

A girl told me girls who wear shorts under their skirt or dress have bad fashion sense.

Also what is the purpose of wearing shorts under skirts and dresses?

3mo Shorts like bike shorts or spandex or nike pros

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me tell you! The shorts under my skirt saved me from having my butt filmed by this dirty pervert in a phone shop! So coming from a girl who actually works as a stylist yea you can wear shorts and be stylish. The rule is to not see the shorts below the hemline of the skirt. The shorts are like a sneeky surprise! The're for when you need it. I had them on that day because the skirt I had on was very billowy. Later that night the wind REALLY picked up. The STUPID PERV actually came out of the shop and was trying to act like he wasn't waiting for the wind to blow. (His camera was clearly aimed low and in my direction...)

So shorts are to stop perverts looking up your skirt or dress?

Yea pretty much. I've also seen girls wear them under their skirts while riding their bikes. I match a pair similar in color to my skirt. I've also seen fashion shorts to put under skirts that are made with the same material as leggings and have some sort of lace detailing at the bottom to make them more feminine looking. If they do show under the skirt it really does look like part of a whole outfit.

The shorts I've noticed that girls wear under their skirts and dresses are those tight black shorts like black spandex shorts. Shorts like those nike pro shorts.

What Girls Said 15

• I do when I go dancing, because my skirt/dress flies up when I twirl and I don't want people to see panties. I dance at a classy place!

• It depends on your age, some people usually make their daughters like age (4-9) wear shorts up under their skirts or dresses because children are wild, always jumping and flipping around or sitting with their legs open so some people making their daughters wear shorts underneath their dresses and skirts until they learn how to sit with their legs closed.

Teenagers and even some adults wear shorts under their skirts and dresses as well

Well I guess thay don't know how to close their legs.

No other reasons why teenage girls or adults wear shorts under their skirts and dresses?

• I'd say so, i barely even like wearing underwear under clothes let alone shorts! thats a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

• Ummmm no she's stupid. It's to keep people from seeing your underwear and as long as they are the right length and material no one should know they are there unless some wind blows your skirt up.

Do you wear shorts under skirts and dresses?

Well thats dandy but thats not my reason

I guess those girls just don't want perverts looking up their skirts and dresses

• I personally don't do that.
    I wear thongs under my skirts to work lol. I always sit with my legs crossed. At a desk all day so no one would really be trying to look up anyway haha.

Why do girls wear shorts under their skirts and dresses?

• Haha, I don't see what's wrong with it, because you won't see the shorts anyway. I don't usually bother. I wear thongs and everything under that 😂. If the wind gets creative and pushes my skirt up then yolo

If the wind blows up, if they wear shorts, all won't be revealed

• Shorts like bike shorts? I see no problem because it might be windy? Normal shorts though, weird...

Yeah like bike shorts, why do they wear them under skirts and dresses?

Put it this way, if the dress/skirt is flowy then i wear shorts, if its not, i dont. Simple haha. Everyones a perve. Again if the dress is flowy, then yes, stops them looking at mah goodies. If the dress or whatever is tight, no need for shorts. x

Most guys will try looking up girls skirts and dresses to see their underwear

• I wear shorts, dresses, and skirts, but not at the same time. It looks weird. It is not the good kind of weird.

• I personally don't like the idea, I wear skirts most of the time and wouldn't dream of wearing shorts under them! But I guess if they can't be seen is it really a fashion question?

• She knows her fashion!!! It's a bad idea to wear a short under a skirt or a dress.

• It's super bad. You learn that in Fashion 101

• She's smart, it's a terrible idea to wear shorts with skirts or dresses.

• It's super bad fashion sense

• Yes it is

• so that guys won't see under our dress