Why can't guys shave there under arm hair?

I dont need to see any hair pits from anyone girl or guy. its just gross. seriously keep your arms down or where a shirt with sleeves please.

3mo Im not telling anyone what to do. its a question. it seems base on observation people expect women to shave under their arms but not men. and i was wondering why that is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because a lot of girls actually prefer men to have a little bit of hair. In order to have a broad appeal, its in a guys best interest to strike a balance between being hairless and being a wolfman.

Also men tend to have more strand of hair on their body and the hair that they do have tends to be thicker/more coarse which makes shaving everything not as practical.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they are not girls.

What Guys Said 15

• Because male underarm hair has genetically evolved over the ages and now it explodes whenever a guy tries to shave it.
    images.freeimages.com/.../...explosion-1171387.jpg

• Lots of guys do shave - As to rest of your question it is just a society double standard - I remember looking it up for another question www.todayifoundout.com/.../

• I shave it. Body hair is gross.

• I don't know. I hate body hair. Luckily, I'm not hairy, although, I do have to cut off some stomach hair every 6 months or so

• Are you telling me how to present my body?

It is my body, and you have no say in it!!
    How does that feel? huh
    ------------------

I actually do shave, otherwise the roll on deodorant won't roll, and will just slide. More hygienic too.

• I believe that your credibility would be somewhat higher if you didn't ask this anonymously ;) so whine all you want xD

• Dont tell me what to do.

• All right you asked for it OP !

http://i.imgur.com/BQ0b7v2.jpg

• You should just date women and keep out of men's lives.

• i find that gross too. i always shave my under arms

• yes tell those men what to do ith their bodies

• I probably should trim it. But no one ever sees it. I don't know. I guess I never cared enough.

• Why is it gross?

• k, i dc what you think

• Calm down there, lets keep men being men now

What Girls Said 6

• Funny story, until I was a little bit older, I thought men just naturally didn't have hairy armpits because I was raised by my father, who unbeknownst to me, was a huge germophobe and shaved his armpits. Imagine my surprise when I encountered my first hairy man! But yeah, some men do, some men don't, just like women.

• they can, they choose not to. maybe its not comfortable for them cuz their hair is thick. I don't know

• If a person doesn't want to shave her armpits then let her be. If you see it look away and keep moving with your life

• Because they'd whine about the pain and how uncomfortable it is. It doesn't really bother me if a guy has armpit hair.

lol it's not painful! :P It takes like a few short minutes while in the shower haha. Actually might be faster than shaving facial hair, because it doesn't need to be as precise. xD

@nfigure Lol

• It doesn't bother me at al lol

• They can and some do