Repost about if makeup is harmful to your skin?

Sorry I wasn't aware of how many women didn't know how harmfull make up was to your skin, I thought that the very idea of putting somethings that clogges your skin would be obvious as to why it would cause you to brake out and increase wrinkles. But here's a video about why wearing makeup would damage your skin

https://youtu.be/1fBcFXr-UXc

Also before you say its because she didn't wash her makeup off, remember this is just a sped up version of what's happening throughout your life because you wear makeup for more than 12hrs but only sleep for 8 so you skin is without circulation and air for most of the day. But the question still remains is make ruining your skin.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• The air is toxic to your skin, house hold cleaning is toxic to your skin, water can be toxic to your skin, lotions can be toxic to your skin, drinking can be toxic to your skin, smoking can be toxic to your skin... logically everything can be toxic to your skin if you go that route... also wrinkles can happen by how you take care of yourself.. hell you can get wrinkles over time from smiling all the time, from being angry all the time, from tanning, from just age in general... its all how you love yourself and the body your in.. makeup isn't for everybody but shamming a persons choice because its not your preference or idealistic, will solve nothing... look at the world around you all you have to do is go outside and your pores are clogged... enjoy your life and who you are not what everyone else is doing or why they are doing it

• I'm SOOO glad I don't wear makeup for various reasons, but THIS reason is an even more confirmation that I prefer to stay away from it. Aging well was something I was always serious about, and I'd rather take care of my skin by using natural stuff, like Aloe Vera, which is good for knocking off blemishes or discoloration.

If women want to wear it, more power to them. I'm not here to bash anyone that wants to wear it. I just think women don't realize they look good without it.

Thanks for the video.

• Well I never wear anything on my skin but eyeliner mascara, and just filling in eyebrows. So I don't think I'm in that much trouble 😛 I hope :)
    Foundation just looks awful on my skin lol and gives me brakeouts.
    I told my friend who suffers acne to calm down with the foundation cause it just makes the acne worse and prevents it from going.

• As a makeup artist and a skin specialist, yes makeup does contain ingredients that over time can cause some problems with your skin, premature ageing etc.
    What helps is having a really good skin care regime, using high quality face products, exfoliating and going for your occasional skin peels/treatments. Also drinking a lot of water, having a healthy diet, and wearing SPF either before you apply your foundation or in your foundation.
    I love makeup for so many types of reasons and wouldn't ever stop using makeup. Knowing how to deep clean your skin and using hydrating products, helps keep your skin looking great. Makeup isn't the ONLY reason why people's skin can look bad.

• That's why you have to keep your face moist and always use hygienic products, not cheap fakes ones if possible. There really isn't a need to wear makeup unless you want to, or your job demands it for certain reasons. Like to look presentable. But I rarely wear makeup at all. And the only makeup I do wear is eye shadow, lip gloss or lip stick. That's it. Something that looks natural and brings out a youthful look without over doing it.

• A little Make up is okay, but Buying the Right Products that are Better for you skin, such as All Natural Ones. These are probably the Best from the Rest.
    The One Most Important thing though Above all, is to Always First use a Good Moisturizer Cream before Anything so Nothing is Drying.
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for Sharing, @cchris989 xx

• make sure you prep your skin properly with gentle, moisturizing skincare and don't wear foundation every day

• I know it's bad for my skin, that's why I don't wear it frequently, take good care of my face, and buy good brands.

• Yes, it ruins the skin it also causes a host of health issues. thats why i wear little to no makeup. To get the complexion back to the way it should be women and men who stop wearing makeup should use vitamin c serum and sun block.

• Yes, I think it is. Your face can't breath when you're wearing makeup. You can feel that when you're wearing it, that's why don't like to wear it. Only a little bit of mascara and eyeliner

What Guys Said 1

• Just look up the ingredients, if that's not enough to turn you away from the makeup then alrighty then you're dedicated enough there's no other way I could convince you otherwise