Why do guys break up with you, then date girls who look just like you?

I have noticed that in married men who get divorced too, their new girlfriends always look like a knock off version of their ex-wife lol

Most Helpful Guy

• It's one of two possible reasons: 1) that's what they're attracted to, like in my case, my ex had dark hair that's long and straight and that's what I'm attracted to, I'm not gonna change it for anyone. Or 2) the guy is trying to make his ex feel terrible and finds the girl with the closest resemblance, sort of a self gratification type thing!

What Guys Said 2

• I am guilty of that myself with my ex girlfriend. The fact that we didn't work out doesn't diminish my attraction to that look. After all, our love life was fine. Our differences were elsewhere. There was a while when it was distracting to catch someone out of the corner of my eye who resembled her. But I got past that and I don't see "her" anymore. If you break up with women and then you can't date blondes or brunettes or redheads, you're kind of screwed. How many guys or girls break up with someone and say I love them to death, but I just can deal with their appearance? When it comes to parting ways it's mostly about behavior differences. If not, then the new partner will likely be a younger newer model and not an exact knock-off. That's my take anyway.

• Most guys have and have always had a specific type of girl they are attracted to. To assume they're dating the new person just because they look like you is arrogant and paranoid. End of story.

What Girls Said 3

• You are so right! However, there is one slight difference that you did not mention.look like a 20 year old knock off version of their ex-wife! I am seeing it now with women today. I would say half my friends are dating guys in their 20's, something older men have been doing for hundred years. I have a masters in psychology that is one thing I can not figure!

• people have a"type" - plain and simple! it doesn't necessarily mean there is a hidden meaning there, or the person is looking for a "replacement." it can just mean they're attracted to similar type of people. I know for me, I've dated guys with similar physical and personality traits.

*good luck!*

• I have never really come across that, maybe it's because they were initially attracted to their wife, because for example she was ginger and slim. And ginger and slim was their type or something.

Maybe it's to do with missing their ex.