How come it's acceptable for girls to wear thongs but not guys?

I'm a guy and I find briefs and boxers so uncomfortable cause there's so much material!! So I started wearing thongs but when I go gym people there always look at me weird in the changeroom it feels so awkward...

So i asked some of my girl friends and their like they wear thongs to gym too but no one looks at them funny in the changeroom... so I'm wondering why its acceptable for girls to wear them but not guys?

Please only serious answers!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh, it's just one of those weird societal conventions that exist. Thongs were invented for women, so people feel as if only women should wear them because that's what's normal. If a guy wears them, it's not normal and therefore weird. I agree with a lot of people on here saying just wear what you want to wear. You're not there to appease other people. You're there to get ripped and get out, so don't feel like you have to change just because some dudes in the changing room don't have enough manners to not look at people while they are changing.

Most Helpful Guy

• thongs are not good for you. ever wondered why balls hang outside of your body? cause they need to stay cool and by letting them hang lower and pulling them back in, your body controls their temperature. thongs will inhibit that and can even be detrimental to your fertility.

What Girls Said 16

What Guys Said 11

• There's nothing wrong with wearing what makes you comfortable. Those guys are just wishing they had the confidence that you have. I wore briefs back when boxers were the rage. I got some looks too but hey- it's comfortable and supportive. Boxers get bunched up, ride up, don't provide any support, and the fly always seems to find a way to open up and let your penis rub on you rough denim jeans. Briefs solved those problems so I stuck with them.

• 0|0

I misread question a little bit - I would be more worried about a guy checking out my underwear than any reaction to what I was wearing.

• you can wear whatever you want. but it looks shit on guys and that's why people don't like seeing them

• @polocrew Show these nerds your jock strap bro

• If you find boxers and briefs uncomfortable then why not go commando?

• You are a transvestite, it's ok for transvestites to wear thongs. You'll probably attract other men, but that's up to you dude.

• Not sure a thong works on a guy

• Because girls are jealous thongs looks better on us guys than it does them.

• If you're gay, it's probably acceptable.

• Lol i wear thongs too, they are very comfortable. And your balls dont stick to your leg becuase there's a pouch in the design where your balls are. But for working out i wear a jockstrap.

• I sometimes go with no under wear on if I'm working on my arms and abs. If someone looking hard at me to know I don't have on no underwear they're at the gym for the wrong reason. But if it's legs day or I'm doing cardio I have to wear underwear. I don't like the feeling my junk slinging every where.