Can someone explain to me the purpose of wearing your pants below the waistline?

Can someone explain to me the purpose of wearing your pants below the waistline ??
?
Wtf?
¬¬
I just can't make sense of it..
I am an Asian girl and I've literally never seen this nonsense with Asian men...
If u wonder why i care is because i am currently dating a cute Latino who sometimes wears his pants too low showing me his butt which i like to see but only on private occasions..
He's not ghetto in fact he dresses expensive and elegant but sometimes saggs..
But i literally see this everyday on black men and it really makes me think what the reasons for walking with your pants low to your knees holding them up with your left hand...

1120

Most Helpful Guy

• People think it makes them look gansta and cool but in reality it's a sign in prison they lets inmates know your available to get fucked in the ass.

• Well, I learnt something new today lol.

• Lol definitely not.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a ton of ghetto ass Asian dudes that sag all of the time, same for latinos, back home lol They are all in gangs.

• I sagg sometimes but black dudes take sagging to another level.. One time i saw a black dude get kicked out of Walmart for sagging hard

What Guys Said 19

• it´s super funny! and here´s why:

it originates from prison culture. those inmates who would offer themselfes for sexual activity (anal gay sex to be exact here) would carry their pants low so that other inmates could make their advances/offers.

somehow it translated into pop culture as being "gangster" which is basically the complete oposite of the original meaning.

• It helps us walk slower

• If you want to walk slower why not just walk slower?

• Its to signal that you like it in the pooper.

• The not often explained one of the origins
    halloftheblackdragon.com/.../

• The purpose is inner-city cool. The look is absolutely stupid. Asian men have more self respect than any inner-city wanna-be gangsta. And no, I am not Asian.
    Really, would you hire someone who looked like that? Seriously?

• Horrible fashion choice, may as well not wear any pants at all. Its how I look out for the douche bags tbh.

• I guess they may be into Rough Gay sex eh? :v
    That's not how Real Gangsters dress.
    That's just dressing like a dumb fuck. Or into surprise butt sex I can't tell at this point but what I do know is it's a stupid trend that needs to die.

• It's how prison bitches signal that they're available for sex.

• That's what happens when you can't afford a belt ;P

• 😂😂😂 LOL
    I hate that shit

• I think it screams I'm retarded I can't pull my pants all the way up or wear a belt that fits me.

• Cuz #ThugLife

• AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA OH. MY. EFFING. GOD. You funny my Asian babes 😂😂😂

• It's their way of rebelling against "The Man." Funny thing is, that whole look started in prisons back in the 80's. The ones who were 'bitches' were made to wear their pants low for easier access to the guys sodomizing them.

• It's a rapper style but it doesn't be so low, lol

• Looking for gay sex

• It just makes you look like a fool!! Pull your FCKING pants up!! NOBODY wants to see that sht!!!

• Wtf did I just view!!

I can't believe people dress this way. Wow!

What Girls Said 10

• HAHAHAHA XD, I'm an American and I don't understand it either.

• My boyfriend is Mexican & he doesn't sagg

• Maybe people forget their belts at home some days..
    I forgot to put on a belt last week but my big booty kept things in order

• They're obviously advertising their ass is up for anal, didn't wipe so they're letting their butts air dry, or recently lost weight and need to go shopping ASAP.

• Haha that trend is gone.

• That really stupid

• They want it up the ass yo

• Only if you want to look like a thug

• so you can see that boo tah ;D

• why do Asians smell bad?