Does this look okay? Did I do this right? How do I makeup?

So This is my first time really applying makeup for like "everyday" and I like the blue shadow but I am not sure if it goes with my complexion. If i could get color recommendations and stuff like that. That would be nice also I am new to this whole makeup thing but I don't want to spend a lot of money what is the best way to "pop" out with like sparkly colors and stuff without getting too expensive.

3mo that is the pic

Most Helpful Girl

• The eye shadow is not blended well, and the pink lip gloss doesn't go well with the blue makeup in your eyes. If you like cool undertone colors like blue, then I suggest wearing a pale grey eye shadow instead. It's more neutral thus it will look more sleek. Remember, the key to achieve a good makeup is to blend well, and opt for a light eye shadow to get a more natural look. Maybe invest in cream eye shadows, they are easier to apply and they look glossy. Lastly, whenever you apply eye makeup that's very visible it is best to go for a nude lipstick, since nude lipstick goes well with everything.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 9

• Needs some work... very 70's, could use more blending. If your really like the blue I suggest going either with a softer, sky colour or a matte, deep blue and smoking it out. Try a more neutral lip though so not to overwhelm the look.

Consider some brow sculpting and products. Try tutorials online too, they're helpful and you can find affordable products through links.

• I think that the blue is a little too much for everyday wear: I would save it for going out if you're especially partial to it. For everyday wear it's best to go for more neutral colors, like nudes, soft pinks or bronzes; you can find cheap makeup at the drugstore for experimenting. ELF is a great cheap brand to start with!

• Blue eye shadow is a no-no. Doesn't look good on anyone (IMO).

But drug store makeup or shop at ULTA if you want inexpensive stuff.

• Blend blend blend that eyeshadow. It's pretty but you need some transition into it. I'd also go a softer lip color because the eye seems to be the focal point. If you want, try filling in your eyebrows but if not great start!

• The eyeshadow is not blended well. And the best everyday eye makeup is nude and a bit shimmer in it. You can use some nude lipstick as well with it. It will really enhance your look!

• The best eyeshadow colour for everyday is nidu with some shimmer in it.

• Go buy the naked palletes from urban decay and try working with those colors!

• No, you didn't. I don't like the blue eyeshadow combined with that colour of lipstick. You have to take into account that blue eyeshadow doesn't look good on the majority of people. But if you really want to use that colour of eyeshadow on your eyelids, you should blend it better.

• Oh God... No