Have you ever taken your shoes off on a night out?

I asked a question about girls wearing high heels but I've noticed often some of the girls who wear them out clubbing take their shoes off by the end of the night and dance barefoot. I wondered how many girls do this and whether there are guys who take theirs off too. Doesn't have to be heels.

• No
  • No but I take more comfortable shoes with me to change into
  • Yes, on the way home
  • Yes, midway through the night
2mo I'm surprised by the number of guys who've voted Yes! What shoes were you wearing?

Most Helpful Girl

• "D" for Danced as well, Later when Returning with a Buzz, to my Most Famous Bar... On the top of the Bar Counter in my PJ's.
    Good luck and great question. Thanks for Walking with me down Memory Lane. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I have seen my lady kick off her shoes on a night out many times. I don't really think anything about it. I have heard her friends say, "I am so glad you did that, my feet a killing me" then they do the same.
    Let's face it, ladies shoes are either fashion or comfort but rarely both. And what lady wants to enter a club in "comfortable" shoes. The whole scenario is completely understandable.

What Girls Said 13

• At prom, I kept my heels on (and they were tiny heels, barely even a heel) for about 30 minutes until I actually got inside the place where I took them straight off and walked around just with my dress and tights. I'm not wearing my shoes in any of the prom photos and because my dress was a vintage-y one and only hit my calves, you can tell that I'm not. Being 5'2, I'm shorter than everyone anyway but in these pictures, everyone is in their heels and I'm not, so I'm being towered over by all the other girls :P If we ever go out and I wear heels, I usually take them off by the end of the night. I think that happened for new years too and my boyfriend ended up giving me his shoes cause I couldn't walk in mine and I had no socks on but he did.

Poor boyfriend.

Does it make a difference to you taking your shoes off if you're wearing socks or tights or nothing but the shoes?

How high are the highest you wear?

Do you plan on taking your shoes off when you go out or do you expect to get through the night without but end up taking them off if you need to?

I don't know how tall the heels were. I kinda know that I'm not gonna walk home in them though.

• Yes - at home!
    Not on the filthy city floor. I don't want to step on a syringe of some drug addict... and get a disease...

• Only in clubs with a pool you can stand in like Drai's in Vegas. Club/bar floors are too dirty and wet with spilled drinks, and it hurts more if someone steps on your barefeet.

I didn't know clubs like that existed it sounds really cool

They're awesome! It's like a massive night club pool party. Clubs in Vegas are just something else.

• Yeah if they're absolutely killing my feet! I usually take a small pair of foldable flats with me in my bad just in case

• Yes, but only in the car on the way home.

• I deal with the pain until I'm in the cat on the way home... lll

• I took my shoes off once at a party and put them under a table lol. But at clubs no, I don't take them off. I dance with them throughout the night and yes it's painful but I take a break for a while then go right back to dancing.

• we went out clubbing and my sis in law wore heels, i wore flats, half way through the night her feet were killing her and mine was fine, i swapped out with her so she at least still had shoes on. moral if you are a girl going out clubbing have one person close in shoe size to you that hates heels lol

How did you get on in the heels after you switched into them? Did you have to swap back later?

i didn't dance after that just sat at the bar lol we swapped back once we got home

• Yes, take my high heels off when I want to dance. Makes it easier.

• Yes, once, on the way home.

• In a club? I don't want to be dancing in vomit and alcohol pools no thanks

• heels are annoying when you are drunk!

• yeah getting back home drunk and wearing high heels is hard af 😨 sometimes I don't realise I did it until I wake up with dirty feet lmao

What Guys Said 3