Why did the new student in our class from Philippines dress like this?

Ok first of all it is HOT. Like 85 degrees at least. We had a new girl in our class and she was wearing like black track pants (wind pants?) and a black hoodie and a turtleneck underneath. How did she not die? Is it a cultural thing or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people do whatever they can to burn calories, I don't know if that works though. No it's definitely not a cultural thing. I once saw a guy dressed as if he was living in Siberia in 100 degree weather.

Most Helpful Girl

• 😂 lol! It might not be, maybe she doesn't like things revealing parts of her body. It's like the Muslim Turkish teachers in my school wear their normal clothes, with jackets, on top of the jackets they wear lab coats and I'm like '😐 how aren't you frying?' It's like 41 degrees Celsius, that's 100 degrees Fahrenheit and they wear tights too... I'm Muslim too but I don't really dress like this.

Thank you for making me MHO!

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Because she's is used to heat... Here in ariizona its 113 almost every day sometimes higher. Once i got used to that anything below 100 feels cool and i wear pants.

• I think the philippines can get very hot

• hahaha no its not a cultural thing, its probably a hipster thing 😂

What Girls Said 2

• its not a cultural thing

• It's probs a lot hotter where she is from. Why does it matter so much to you? haha.

• haha doesn't matter too much I guess I'm just curious how she survived!! lol, could you survive wearing that for a day?

• Most likely not I'm from Michigan anything over 77 is hot af to me haha. I'd be in shorts and a tank in that weather haha.

• 27d

@ Asker: I'm sure I would survive wearing something like that ;-)
      Was this a onetime outfit or is she often dressed that warm?