What are your thoughts on beards?

Do you believe it would make a guy any less of a man without it?

What are your thoughts on beards?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a beard now and I don't get ID'ed for beer (under 25 and you're asked in the UK). I'm shaving before the 19th (first day of the university year... and my first year) and I know I'll get ID'ed. I look at least a few years older with this thing.

As for attractiveness there is a middle point where I look awful as it grows but my ability to talk to women in a bar is about equal with a full beard or without one. It's just the middle of the road 1/2 grown one that looks awful and puts almost everyone off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Men have facial hair. Boys don't. Which do you want fucking you? 😂

The first two need to at least shave their necks. Just a bit sloppy.

What Guys Said 31

• I let mine grow regularly but not very much. I don't think I look good with much beard, in my opinion it's good until the 10th day, then it starts getting weird and I shave it.

• Most guys shouldn't have them. A stupid beard makes you look terrible, and most beards age you significantly.

• I prefer to keep myself clean shaven for the time being, mostly because my beard isn't very full yet. There is still a gap between the moustache and chin.

I doubt I will ever grow an actual beard, but once mine grows in all the way, I may keep some stubble.

• Facial hair is annoying. I wish mine didn't grow as thick.

• They can look good. I've got a great one going right now, but I'm shaving it off soon.

• They're cool if you're like me and can rock both shaven and bearded equally 😎

Is that so? Who told you that?

Haha well, don't be so sure about that :p @legs_n_sheets

@bobbyxx
      Uhmm.. Okay. Well. First of all I actually prefer beards and I don't know where you got this man hating crap idea of me since I haven't stated any of those stuff in my comments. And secondly, just so you know, I'm no feminist and I don't support feminism.
      Now I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't jump to conclusions while you still don't know me. You're just misunderstanding what I mean

• I think it depends on the face lol not every guy looks good with a beard lol.

• I grew one out because I am tall and skinny and people thought I was like 18 haha. Ever since I never get IDed anymore and I also noticed a lot of girls give me looks

• I like really short beards

• i think it does not make a man manlier or less manly, it is just how a man chooses to express himself, its his personal brand of masculinity.

• I don't care if it makes me more or less of a man, I simply choose for myself what I think looks best.

• I really like growing my beard out and think I look a lot better with it, but I shave it because apparently it makes me look like I'm 25+. Beards are awesome though... And itchy.

Oh wow.. you sure look waay older than 17 yo.. makes you look good tho

🙈🙈🙈
      Oh I see

there you goo :))🙈

• I didn't have a clean shave since I was 21. No regrets.

• I think shaved or scruff looks the best... at least on me.

I hate full beards... mainly because I could never grow one;-( I also find Long facial hair itchy.

• 0|1
  • I like to wear a goatee i think when i lose the rest of my weight
    I'm going to wear a full thin beard. I feel ugly without a beard.

• Less of a man without it? No. Less atractive? Yes.
    There is extensive evidence on this.

• I hate them. They're itchy, unfortunate table, hard to maintain, and make me look awful.

• I am leaving my beard to grow these days 😎

• not really keen to be honest

• It depends on the guy.

Generally attractive guys are still attractive with beard, while less attractive guys can look worse with them it too.

• You know you love my beardless face

• Adam Levine should at least shave it off his neck. How can THAT not look shabby and unattractive?

• I like to let mine grow every now and then.

• I always shave mine, it makes me feel filthy more than anything.

• i love my beard

• Now this makes me wonder what people think of my beard.

• I think it's laughable that the first two are considered beards.

• yes, i do think it makes them less of a man. men grow facial hair, women generally don't

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 25

• They can either make a guy look really manly and enhance his looks or totally spoil it, it really depends on the face and I find that there's usually no in between, they can either rock them or go home lol

• Beards are always better! From a little scruff to a whole lot😋😘 JINKIES! But it doesn't make him less or more of a man.

• I definitely think a beard can make most men's faces look a whole more attractive. Aslong as they are well groomed and not too huge and bushy, I think it really complements a man's facial features - Especially their eyes!

• they either make or break a face.

• stubble fine/hot... beards, no don't go there. They're dirty looking. Just think how much food gets stuck in them.

• My boyfriend grew a beard during Movember last year. It suited him for a while, but then it got a bit too beardy.

They're also quite scratchy when you're when you're getting close with your man, although he used to rub his cheek against my skin really softly with it sometimes. I used to love that. It gave me goosebumps

I was still relived when it was gone.

• @anonman32 has a glorious beard!
    I love beards!

• Looks great on some guys. Not all guys. It looks great on Adam Levine and the second guy but not Pierce Bronson.

• looks nice but it all depends on the person's facial features

• A little facial hair shows maturity and is sexy. The beard thing needs to go though. It's been going on for decades where I live and I hate not being able to see a guy's face:/ When I see a guy with a beard I wonder if he's insecure.

• Some guys look great with beards. Some look better clean-shaven, and others can rock both.

• I once had this Theology teacher who looked like a really ugly baby face without his beard. With it he looked like Jesus.

So I don't really know what to say.

• They look nice

• Those beards look awful.

I LOVE my bf's beard and it looks really hot on him. ^^

• Some guys I like with, some without. Luckily the guy I talk to looks attractive both ways😊 I like when they can mix it up

• No thoughts really.
    It's not a minus or plus points for me. If he has it, cool, if he doesn't cool.

• It doesn't make him less of man. But I like them. Some people look great, others look bad.

• I love them if the guy has the face for it. But no I don't think it would make him "less of a man"

• Shorter ones are better than the hobo look

• I love guys with at least some facial hair. Yes, if they have no facial hair they are less manly. I want to date a man not a little girl

• Beards are good.

• Some guys I prefer them without beards

• Hot!

• It's gross. If I wanted to kiss pubes, I'd go down on a hairy girlfriend. Scruff is toleratable, but the general facepubes are unsexy and downright disgusting.

• I accept them.