What's the point of the burkini?

aside from the french ban of the "swimsuit", what is the point of this fashion style?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's to cover up your body because Muslim Women wouldn't like to go to the beach showing too much skin. They'd like to be modest.

i dont get it though, isn't it a bikini?

Thank you for making me MHO!!

What Girls Said 2

• Islamophobia and alienation of french muslims. Same reason they banned the niqab. "Security" is a stupid reason, America is a very secure country and we haven't banned niqab or burkini since we believe in freedom of religion. I feel awful for the muslims living in that shitty country.

Oh I misunderstood yhe wuestion.

It's basically like hijab, it's to keep you covered as a sign of devoutness. Same reason why nuns cover up,

didn't france have their own independence revolution, because they say how America was successful?

• "modesty"

What Guys Said 1

• It is to respect the Muslim woman's wish to remain covered while having ease of movement swimming.