My girlfriend wants me to cut my hair?

My hair is kind of long right now. It just barely touches my shoulders in the back and gets shorter towards the front and I have long bangs that are a little past my eyes. I don't really know how else to explain it. I really like it though and it took months to grow out from a really bad haircut I got. I've always wanted to try having longer hair and I found out I like it a lot but my girlfriend hates it. She has been begging me to let her cut it. She says I'll look a lot better if I let her cut it off and that it really needs to be cut. I want her to be attracted to me and I want to make her happy but I don't want it cut and I especially don't want her messing it up and having to shave it. I think she wants it shaved anyways by the way she was talking about it and saying it would look good like that. She told me if I really loved her I'd let her do it though so should I just let her do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you do what you want with it. It is your hair, not hers. The whole "if you really loved me, you would..." thing is classic manipulation, and if she really loves you, she will accept you with your long hair and not pressure you to change it if you like it.
    I had a boyfriend that wanted me to cut my hair too, but he eventually stopped asking once he realized it wasn't going to happen. If you really like your hair, keep it! Don't cut it for someone else, especially since that person could be out of your life tomorrow.

Most Helpful Guy

• dude, why would you ever change yourself because others want to? thats not good for your integrity. if you were a pink user 20 women on here would have said HELL NAW DONT CUT YOUR HAIR FO ANYONE. so i dont see why you should cut your hair for your girlfriend if girls dont want to cut their hair for their boyfriend.

What Girls Said 3

• She kunds manipulative. No.

• Do what you want. Stop being such a pansy.

• Do whatever you want with your hair. If you like it, don't listen to her.

What Guys Said 5

• Let her do it bro, sacrifice your hair for the woman you love. They'll grow back again.

• You should think about how your relationship with her is. I mean if you are happy with her and she takes care about you. If your answer is yes, you can consider sacrificing your hair and letting her cut it, because she will reward you for it.

• My hair is long as well. It reaches the middle of my back. Fits my image tho. Lead singer in a band can't have short hair. It's an unspoken rule.

• Go to a barber or hair salon and pick out a nice styled haircut in a picture that you and your girlfriend agree on, shorter hair looks better on guys anyway

• Lol red flag, dump her rn. she's manipulative liar and dont do it, it's your hair your choice