On what arm should men wear their watch and why?

I have noticed men often wear their watch on their left arm but why?

• Left arm (Please explain why you chose this)
  • Right arm (Please explain why you chose this)
  • Depends (On what? Please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty sure you're supposed to wear your watch on your left arm if you're right handed and on your right arm if you're left handed. Maybe that's why most wear it on their left because of how most people are right handed?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no rule. Do whatever you feel comfortable. The reason people wear it on the non dominant hand is because you use your dominant hand to write and can get in the way.

What Girls Said 11

• I write with my right hand whenever I wear jewelry which is rare, I wear it on my left hand so it doesn't get in my way.

• Left, it's what my father told me It's because like this you can put the right hours on your watch. I don't know how to explain it since I'm bad at English. Just watch this pic and I hope you understand what I tried to said.

i.ytimg.com/vi/AHz45eVWHNE/maxresdefault.jpg

• Both men and women should wear it on the left. But with women the side with the face of the watch shouldn't be facing outwards but inwards towards your body. I don't know why, just one of those things that don't really have a good reason. And because of that i wear it however i want to.

• They don't need a watch at all, most men have cell phones with digital watch ;)

It's about the style, not about to know what time it is lol. But then again it's way easier to lift your hand to see what time it is rather than taking your mobile out of your pocket :P.

I have a few Jordan watches and I wear a fitbit so yes some men still have like watches 😜 plus with all the new smart watch craze it's getting back into style

• Left, I just prefer it on the left arm. Probably because I'm right handed so I like to see the opposite.

• On their non dominant arm.

• non-dominant hand.

• If you're left-handed, you wear it on your right hand. If you're right-handed, on your left hand. That's the way I know.

• A lot wear it on their left because most people are right handed and it might irritate them when writing. I prefer my right though.

• ? I didn't know there was a such thing as that... I wear mine on my right, since I'm right handed

• your nondominant arm

What Guys Said 19

• You wear it on the arm of your non-dominant hand because that allows you to use your dominant hand to make adjustments to time, alarms, dates, whatever.

• It goes back to old fashioned watch with winder - Most people are right handed correct - On left wrist winder is at the most easy accessible position for dominant right hand - It just never changed when watches went digital or battery

• Non dominant arm

• Always wore mine on my left, not 100% why but right handed so if I'm doing something it's easier to check I guess.

• Which hand do you use to write? Most are right-handed, so using your watch on the left wrist seems functional.

• Depends on which is your dominant hand. It goes opposite that hand.

• left cuz I'm left

• It depends on which arm the person in question would like to wear their watch on. Nothing else to it.

• on any arm they feel comfortable with.

• It is supposed to be worn on the opposite hand than the one you write with.

• I am left handed. So, I use it on my right wrist because otherwise, it is highly disruptive if I use it on my left wrist.

• I think you should wear it in the arm that isn't your dominant one just so it doesn't bother you during super small duties like writing.

• Opposite their dominant hand.

• It generally is based on if they are left or right handed.

• the third arm

• If you're a righty, wear it in your left. If you're a left, wear it on your right.

• Right arm

• I have seen it is common on their left (or maybe their non dominant hand?)
    It might be convention or it might be so it doesn't make problems when hand writing

• I don't think it matters.