Views On Jeffree Star?

How do you feel about Jeffree Star? And people like him? Do gays/transsexuals/cross-dressers disgust you, intimidate you, scare you? Or do you accept them and/or like them? Do you have friends like him? Or is it indifferent to you?

I personally love Jeffree Star, his music and style is amazing! I don't let my first impressions base my overall thoughts on others so I have no problem which his choices and lifestyle. I just wanted to understand other peoples opinions and why & how they feel that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've read some of his blogs before out of sheer curiosity. My friends would giggle over him because he's such a 'freak.' And oh 'he's so disgusting.' I had to decipher it for myself. So I started reading what he was saying - IN HIS BLOGS: not his front page - and I was honestly surprised. We can always say we're not judgmental people. But when we see someone different. We automatically assume - and don't try to deny that you've ever done this - that they must have different feelings and values too. This is entirely untrue. Just because someone looks different from us, this does not make them a monster. I don't care what anyone says. He has values, and feelings as the rest of us do. And it has nothing to do with his hair, his face, his body, or his bag of cosmetics.

IF you ripped off Jeffree Star's face. He'd still be famous. Because beyond all of his plastic, beyond all of his twang talking, and insufferable vanity. There's something that lies within that makes him shine. There's something in those blogs that are extremely charming and sometimes even pure. It would be like me going into the next room and reading my little niece's diary. There's something in it that's raw but delicate at the same time. It's because much like a young, naive child: I don't think he CARES what people say about him. Most young children do not care what people think. They just say whatever they want. Regardless of who it hurts.It's honesty. And it can be ridiculously endearing as it is sometimes hurtful.

The people that call him a 'freak' obviously do not care about what he writes about. They don't care that he might be a decent person, brimming with integrity and empathy. So I won't even waste my stamina trying to explain it.

I don't care if people cross dress. I have a best friend who does, and yes he's gay. When we were younger I use to have to help him, because people would throw rocks at him on our way home from school. (And YES he taught me how to put on mascara!) It's a way of life for him. He likes to be beautiful. Most people will always condemn him for this. But he will continue to dress this way even if everyone else doesn't approve of him. He has told me numerous times that he does this because it IS him. Plain and simple. There is no long drawn out explanation. It just is. Do you think people care that he's an amazing person? That he's one of the sweetest, most caring individuals I've ever met? Of course not. He's just a 'gay tranny.' And for now, that's all they'll let him be.

It's all a matter of who you are. So many people hate gays, hate transsexuals. Hate anything that deviates from the 'norm.' And as sad as it is, we have a hard time controlling it. We're programmed to be this way. Different will always be looked down on. Even if we've accepted these people, there will always be other types to kick down and spit on.

(On a random note, I really don't like his music. If anything he should just stick to writing.)

What Guys Said 1

• If it floats your boat. But personally, I don't know any of them. I tend to just stay out of it.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm not a fan. I used to like him quite a bit when I was 14-15, but his music/look aren't really my style anymore. Everyone changes. =]

It has nothing to do with the gay/transgender/cross-dressing bit. I don't care about crap like that. I have at least one friend in each of those 'categories' and I accept people for who they are. It's just a style thing. I don't like a lot of the things I liked five years ago, haha.

• i have nothing against gays. I've got gay friends and my dear cousin is gay. people like jeffree star annoy me because its like they go out of their way to be shocking and get attention and its like for what? I like flamboyant gay guys but they are still normal ppl, jeffree star comes off like an attention starved freak show with issues lol sorry

• I think people like that are freaks.