Rosacea - Is flawed skin a turn off?

During my teen years I was blessed with basically spotless milky skin. Now I'm twenty and earlier this year I developed a mild case of rosacea caused by stress and too high estrogen level. Now my face is constantly flushed, on my better days my cheeks are rosy, but sometimes they turn flaming red. I'd cope with that though, the problem is that my vessels started to show up too. Tried to take a pic, but doesn't really show the problem. The thing is that I have tiny red lines on my cheeks, you can clearly see them from up close, from a distance they look blotchy and in my opinion unhealthy. I'm really insecure about it, soon I'm going to uni and I'm afraid that people will judge me because of that. I can easily cover it with makeup, even though I hate wearing full face and unfortunately I can't cure it. I'm just wondering, how much does the imperfect skin influence your perception of a girl? Thanks!

2mo Okay so probably I didn't make this clear enough lol: my case of rosacea doesn't really involve bumps etc, main problem are my vessels and veins that are visible through skin. That's what makes me insecure, I feel like I escaped The Walking Dead set, of course as a zombie lol
2mo Now I made it too dramatic, I have some thin red lines on my cheeks that mainly show up when I smile and green one near my eye :(

Most Helpful Guy

• One of the most beautiful girls I know has a tendency to blush quite like you described it. And every time she smiles it's more obvious, and when she's doing sports it's even more obvious. That doesn't matter at all. I'd see it as a feminine trait, which is great tbh. As for the vessels, It might make you insecure but honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much. You have to remember that we're always our own worst critic. We worry about things and blow them way out of proportion. You said you couldn't even get a good picture of the issue. A girl who looks good without "a mild case of Rosacea" will not suddenly become unattractive because of what you've described here.

What Guys Said 8

• I think the person themselves has a much higher awareness about it than others - At first it might be noted for a second or two then you get to know the person and forget about it

Yeah I've been told that a lot, we notice more things about ourselves than others do, thanks!

• I think whatever you have with the face thing sounds cute personally. I'd just wanna baby you all the time and talk about how you look like you are always blushing :)
    Anyway. Flaws are what make us US.
    if the earth was smooth and a solid colour, I'd hate it...

That's so nice of you, especially the last sentence! Thanks!

no problem sweetie.
      There is always flaws, but you need to embrace them, that's all. and heck, you can use that line if you want haha, :)

• Not with me

• I know a few people with rosacea and it really isn't a big deal to me. I'd date a girl who had it

• Look into blue light therapy. I wonder if that might have a positive impact.

• Everybody has problems, it's not a big deal.

• I'm a person with small limits and I believe it's something we go through no matter what. Not to me

• Yes it is. I hate when girls have veins showing through their skin it is disgusting. Get laser therapy to hide it or something.

I doubt I'll get one bc it bothers you ;)

What Girls Said 2

• Just be happy you don't have acne like me lol. I would trade my acne for rosacea any day.

Aww I'm really sorry about it! Sometimes I wish I had acne instead of rosacea lol x

oh hun, believe me you don't!

• You didn't specifically ask but talk to your dermatologist about soolantra. A friend of mine has moderate rosacea with flare ups that get flaming red with pimples. They gave her a course of antibiotics which got it under control and soolantra (a cream) which she uses like 2- 3 times a week now though she started with it using it daily... which helps keep it under control. Doesn't cure it but she's had it under control for a good 18 months now. Now she just gets a slight blush which in my opinion looks good on her. Anyway, good luck!