Would this appropriate to wear to a funeral?

I don't have a dress that is all black. For makeup I will just keep it simple. Not sure what I will do for my hair. For shoes, I will wear flats. Also it's a funeral for my old pastor/teacher so it will be a church funeral. Obviously this isn't me, the only difference is that the sleeves are shorter. And this jacket.

2mo I probably should've specified the dress goes to my knees. It was the closest match I could find on google.
2mo *****I should've found a better picture but it's a dress and again it goes to my knees, it's actually a little bit longer than the jacket and I plan to keep the coat on.*****
^^^^^ public service announcement read that so I don't specify that to every person.

Most Helpful Guy

• So that skirt, no, your skirt, maybe.

If you wouldn't wear it to work in a conservative law office, skinny jeans and a nice dark top would be better.

If you would the white and black is liveable.

Beg someone to buy you a cheap black skirt or trousers If you can. Both are staples you will use again and again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is appropriate.
    I wore a black and white dress (mostly black) to my grandmother's funeral.
    White, to celebrate what a good, full and long life she had lived, and black for mourning and sadness that she is gone. Most people wore black and white as well, but they kept it mostly black.

What Guys Said 16

• Not the white one
    will you yourself be buried one day or cremated?

Me? Probably buried. My family is very against cremation because so much of my family was killed by hitler.

I am glad to hear that I am against cremation. I am sorry to hear that about your family

• That seems fine to me

• Maybe a bit too short (not conservative enough for a funeral).
    And also, the white striping could be too pertinent. You'd draw attention and at a funeral that's not the goal at all :o
    If you'd wear it than at least wear black pantyhose. Now there's really too much leg for the purpose :o

• Where what you want

• Looks awesome. I dont see why it wouldn't be

• I'd say its okay but I'm not the best judge here

• No, not the top picture.

• Yea its fine

• I think it looks sexy ;) dont see anything wrong wigh it lol

• Keep the jacket on. LOL
    The striped too-short skirt is a non-starter. :)

• NO, not with that striped skirt.
    Don't you have a pair of darker pants? Wear that with the jacket.

Unfortunately no. All I have is have black skinny jeans and I am not wearing skinny jeans to a funeral.

I would VS that dress. Just keep the jacket on/open.

• Sure.

• I thought you are supposed to wear black and show less legs.

People obviously don't read the two updates then

****I should've found a better picture but it's a dress and again it goes to my knees, it's actually a little bit longer than the jacket and I plan to keep the coat on.*****

• seems ok

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 21

• It's a bit short for a funeral...

I know I should've put this in the update but it goes to my knees and is a bit longer than the jacket.

Then I think it's really nice, especially if you're wearing it with the jacket - in case someone is a bit taken aback by the white. But I think you'll be alright.

• I think it's fine.

• Funeral protocol is basically something you'd wear to a wedding or formal business meeting (depending on your style).

It doesn't have to be mostly black, but bright colors are kinda inappropriate. That looks fine after reading your update. 👍

• Aslong as the dress goes up to your knees and it's formal. It's not an issue.

• Just go buy a simple black dress..

• It all depends on the local habits. In middle and northern Europe, yes. Other regions I can't tell

• A longer skirt maybe but if the length is fixed I suggest you to wear a dark legging beneath the skirt.

• it's great.

• Looks good, i would say wear it without the jacket because as you said it comes to your knees, so you'll be fine

• No it wouldn't

• It fine but the Jacket should cover most part of the skirt

• You should wear tights under the dress never show any type of skin at a funeral. A long black cardigan also would go well.

• Skirt is way too short, other than that would be ok.

I should've found a better picture but it's a dress and it goes to my knees, it's actually a little bit longer than the jacket and I plan to keep the coat on.

Ah, should be ok then

• Too short, not enough black, I certainly don't think so.

Did anybody read the update? Or the description? I don't have anything all black and the dress goes past my knees.

Oh I don't that's for nerds but if you do then it's perfectly fine. It'd be preferable if no white tho but it's good.

• It's a funeral, not a runway show.

• It 's a bit on the short side and too much white. It's not inappropriate at all but I think you could find something better. The jacket is awesome though.

I should've found a better picture but it's a dress and again it goes to my knees, it's actually a little bit longer than the jacket and I plan to keep the coat on. I will possibly wear tights.

Then it should be fine. It's cute, too, so you can wear it on other occasions.

• The skirt is too short I think but the trench coat is fine

• Its definitely NOT something that I would wear to a funeral.

• the jacket maybe, but not the other one

Oh man I don't have another dress. I guess I can talk to my sister or mom.

• The dress is to short for a funeral. 😅
    I love the jacket, tho. 😊

• No, sorry. Too short. I'd suggest knee-length.