What do leather jackets and vests symbolize to you?

Do you like yours? What does it mean to you? I just want to know everyone's opinions! Toughness? Being cool? Being edgy? Rebellion? Nothing? I feel protected in my vest, like a man is wrapping his arms around me <3 ! Xoxo, xDocilexFaeriex

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know about you, but whenever I wear my leathers, I feel totally sexy and badass.
    I have a black leather jacket, a white leather jacket, and a black leather bomber jacket (all of which I don't get to wear as much as I'd like) but I feel like I could rule the world whenever I wear them!
    Sometimes before I go out in it I do a little ode to Sandy from Grease and dance to You're the One that I want in my room lmao

What Guys Said 16

• I don't know I personally like my leather jacket, its durability makes it practical and for some reason the weight feels comfortable. I also like the sound of creaking leather and the smell of it. Not really sure why though.

• Leather for most people is associated with being uber stylish, and also outdoorsy or tough, able to handle anything

• I associate them with the BDSM scene when worn without a shirt under them.

• You're probably an account during the week and ride your Harley on the weekends with your "old lady" on the back. Maybe you used to be a Roady' for Rock band RATT in the 80's. If you're a teenager than you probably just discovered punk for the first time.

• I don't wear leather jackets or vests. Even though I'm a biker, I just don't care to wear them. When I take my bike out for a ride, I just wear a t shirt and jeans, sometimes a jacket if it's chilly.

• Well leather is awesome motorcycle gear, but a pain in the ass to take care of. Ill go with BDSM parade.

• It is not a style I took to really but lots do like it.

• Just a style choice that is a bit more on the classy side. That and they most likely own a motorcycle and wear it for protection.

• They symbolize leather jackets and vests

So, clothing

• I wear mine with cowboy boots and a black cowboy hat. After all I am
    a native born Texan.

• Mine symbolizes that I don't know how to order a jacket in my size off the internet. It's too small.

• For me symbolise you don't care about animal suffering more than your looks.

Get over it. At least the animals death goes to good use rather than a decaying carcus... Plus everything you use, shampoo, paper towels, shaving cream, multipurpose cleaners, and many more are all tested on or affiliated with animal cruelty.

So your house is extremely dirty and your hair is greasy as hell... Good to know

@Baumber My hair and home are cleaned with the shinny soaps of the ecological nirvana.

• They symbolise nerds who are trying to be cool

• SOA lol

• Ayyyyyye

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• A high quality faux leather jacket doesn't only prove you have style but also that you have a moral & clean conscious about it.

• i just like them because you can style any outfit with a leather jacket. It looks good on anything
    Also I feel like badass Sandy at the end of Grease lol

• it looks nice n never goes out of fashion

• I love my leather jackets and they look cool and have a little edge to it. Maybe when I want to look like a bad girl I put it on with high boots.. LOL! :-P

• its mainly cool for me. The tough girl.

• My fake leather jacket => I <3 sweet cows

www.sugarsweetfarm.com/.../3951108.jpg</a>

• I think of the movie Grease lol

• Symbolizes autumn...

• I love leather and keeps me warm.

• A sexy bad girl

• Cool
    Badass
    Edgy
    Rebel
    Tough
    Sexy

• Cool and edgy

• I feel like a badass in leather. Also it keeps warm during the colder months.

• nothing really, i just like them as a stylish piece, and they are pretty easy to combine :)