Is it weird to go clothes shopping alone?

I usually go with my mom, but I'm 19 and don't want her telling me what I should/shouldn't wear. Normally I'm good with picking clothes for myself, but she's too dramatic and over protective, when really my clothes are pretty casual and not slutty (like tshirts hoodies and jeans).

And since it's summer and I'm getting older (thinking of expanding my wardrobe for work outfits) I want to go shopping. But my friends are not really into clothes/fashion and I feel weird going alone; like having no one to ask what they think how something looks or to be my voice or reason lol..

So is it weird/pathetic? What do you do/think?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine. I not only go shopping alone, I also always pay random fellow shoppers to stand in line and purchase the clothes I've selected on my behalf, to avoid anyone else buying the same things just to spite me.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't see any problem with shopping alone.

• I shop alone. You're 19, cut the leash.

What Girls Said 4

• I go clothes shopping alone all the time. It can be kind of lonely, but sometimes it's nice not to hear what someone else has to say. If you are really concerned you can always ask someone else in the fitting room or the store clerk. If you are shy this will help you start to understand your body more and how things look. In the end it will be fun.

• i go shopping by myself a lot (im 21), when I was younger and started doing it it felt weird, but now I could care less. Like others have said..it does get a bit lonely once in awhile and there's those times you need another opinion besides your own...but other than that its not a big deal.

• i go alone sometimes. its weird at first but I actually really like it. you get time to focus on just you and not have to worry about another person. the only time it gets weird is if I see kids from school in the same store as me and I'm all alone haha. but other than that I love it:)

• I find it lonely going shopping alone, it's like going to the movies alone