Instagram makeup or too much makeup?

Instagram makeup or too much makeup?

These kind of looks makes me feel inadequate. Because I don't do this kind of makeup and cannot understand how to do such makeup. Almost every girl who is on instagram or twitter wears such makeup.
So is this makeup good and is this advisable to wear this sort of look?
All these girls are makeup artists and are around 17-25.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ew, no way thats WAY to much dude, i like makeup too so this is from a nobiased opinion, like outside of pictures they probably look stupid as fuck cause its even more noticable

What Guys Said 6

• I feel if I shot that third girl in the face with a.50 Browning machine gun she'd be just fine with that amount of body armor on.

• I think it is too much make up - I think a lighter, more natural look is far more beautiful

• Too... much... makeup.

• Too much make up... fake beauties

• All the eyebrows here are trash but i like the first pic anyway

Well the middle girl

• oh, it's def. instagram makeup

What Girls Said 17

• I feel like because they're make up artist you say, they definitely enjoy doing their make up and theyre able to learn to play with their face, just because you can't do it doesn't mean you can't learn, its really simple steps, you don't have to have fancy eye liner or eyeshadow etc. Moisturizer, water, foundation, concealer.. blush.. bronzing shades and mascara ad you're good to go.

• I love make up to death but there's such a thing as too much makeup. Those models are an example of that.

• I personally think it's too much. But I only wear foundation, and sometimes lipstick. I'm not a fan of makeup, but I can still appreciate it. If you want to learn, you should, but don't feel pressured. Makeup artists are professionals and get paid, and many girls watch tutorials and learn how to do it like them. But online is very different from real life.

• I wouldn't really advise on it because I believe that make up is suppose to accentuate your features. Not completely cover it by layers of cake and foundation but hey, to each their own. They are beautiful either way. <3

• Don't follow others.
    If you like makeup, figure out which kind you like, and go with that.
    Don't just put makeup and take pics just because it's popular on instagram :p

As for the faces above, I have seen different users with makeup close to looking like that but a bit different, and some looked great but it caught my interest not because of the makeup itself aside from bridal makeups. It would catch my interest to check their profile if they do works/posts things that match my interest such as maybe she is a surgeon, and I feel interested in the life of a surgeon, so I would go checkout her page, etc

• They do it because they get paid by those companies to wear their makeup. But they have to make the makeup noticeable so they overdo it to make sure it photographs properly.

• If you really wanted to do this style of makeup a lot of the girls have tutorials on you tube on how to achieve this look.

• Too much in my opinion.

• Yeah too much it's ridiculous

• Personally, that's too much makeup and it makes them look old. I call that makeup look the "drag queen" makeup look.

• that's some dramatic makeup

• that blonde chick looks legit like a drag queen. Too much makeup. Instaragram makeup makes women look like men.

• Dem eyebrows... 😶

• i personally dont like it, natural looks go way farther than this cake face trend

• People are insane

• It looks way too much to me.

• Its ugly in my opinion. Its makes every girl look the same.