Are women really the "fairer sex" or is it nonsense?

There are many definitions to what "fairer sex" means but I think it implies that women are more pleasing to the eye than men are. For example
Are women really the To many people the woman in this picture is better looking than the man because of her feminine features. I think that's why people say that women are more pleasing to the eye than men are.

Most Helpful Girl

• That guy is not my type, but he definitely looks better than the girl...
    I don't know man never thought about it, like i find many men pleasing to the eye:) but maybe compare the most attractive girl u know to the most attractive man... i think its even, but we all have different tastes. maybe some people just prefer feminine features?

What I'm saying is that to many people, even the most unattractive woman is still more attractive than the most handsome man.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not sure that is fair - I have always regarded it as a throwaway expression rather than a concrete statement of fact - Of course there will be "plain" people of either gender

What Girls Said 1

• I don't get what you mean by this...
    Choosing a distorted weird pic of a girl and a photoshopped into oblivion pic of one of the most Ken-like dudes ever...

o. O

What I'm saying is that even the most unnatractive Woman is still more attractive than the most handsome man to women. Please read the link.

What Guys Said 4

• I dunno, I have a really hard time seeing what women mean when they call certain guys "cute". I look over at the guy they're referring to and it's always just some average looking dude who's scrappy looking. I really don't understand what women see in us physically other than "He's funny and confident!"

Exactly what I'm wondering. In my opinion, I don't think they actually like how men look.

• I think they are but I am biased.

• That pic was rare there are attractive people in both genders and not so in both.

• I would say they are, softer features, naturally smaller, adorable...