Why are men from the 60s so much more attractive than men nowadays?

Men nowadays are so lame and have no style and look so basic and I am really depressed because I wish it were the 60s and I could've dated a revolutionary and I'm Just so depressed. Y'all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, maybe cause older men are set in their ways, settled down, aren't just looking for sexual things, have more patience etc.. I will admit since i got in my late 30's into late 40's now i have more patience and would go out on limb for a younger woman particularity but i do respect all women.

What Guys Said 22

• The 60's the hell with that , all that social unrest, segregation and full blown and blatant racism and lynching going around... yeah fuck that!

• Jesus I hear this everyday, "why was everything better back then" I wish I could box all of you up and send you back in a time machine

• You mean like hippies or the middle aged men with suits and fedoras? The 60s were very, er... polarizing

• Men from the 60s were born right after WW2 Calculate their age.

• Life was different in our era. We didn't have cell phones or the Internet. You always want what you can't have, just like when you're on vacation. It really wasn't that special, but we did the best we could.

• Same could be said about women. Why are American women fat disgusting pigs?

• Sometimes a young lady just want a grown up man not a boy. If you are mature enough and know what you want I say explore. It seems to me playing with a video game or hanging with buddies is way more important these days than having arm candy to be with. I see the young guys on our block and think do they just not know anything about how good it is to be with a sexual partner? These guy's don't even have chicks hanging out. WTF? When I was young I saw 3 girls a day when I was in high school and kept a supply of 6to7 a week. Never breaking the cardinal rule ( never piss a girl off ) because if you do there goes all that free networking. ( she tells a friend and her friend etc.) I did settle down at 19 and was married but I still had a problem with a wandering eye. I did get serious also if that's what pleased a lady. In my day we knew the best gift a girl could give was herself , we appreciated a lady !

• Old school is the best style

• Lots of people have preferences for people in different eras

• I blame hippy parents.

2:05 - 2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU3Xban0Y6A

Baha funny

... except the flaw in that argument is that if you're blaming it on "hippie parents", then the hippie parents themselves would have been just as detestable when they were younger... they probably just outgrew it.

in fact, ironically, that argument pretty much seems to give hope to us all -- by just making the while awful hipster experiment kinda seem like an extended "awkward teenage stage".

@redeyemindtricks Ah yes, waist coat. It's funny it's called that in the UK since I was talking with @BackAgain and was saying I have a few inches to loose.

I guess you could call it "formal casual" (just made that up). Kinda goes with my personality really since I can be all laughs one moment and then "enforcer mode" the next. I think I am boarder line bi-polar or something. Doesn't matter since I've found was to handle it.

TBH, I don't really understand "basic bitch." Is it like a pant suit or something? I really try not to describe people as a whole but as their mood and actions. It's served me well.

I get the whole women in vest thing... kind of like a cocktail waitress.

By "basic bitch" I mean basically (hah! basically!) what I wrote -- I mostly wear classic styles. If I fell into a coma and woke up in 20 years, I could put on almost anything I own and still look good.

I don't wear pant suits, because I've never found one with both pieces long AND slim enough for me.
      The closest I've ever gotten to that was my 3rd brother's wedding, where I was actually a "groomswoman" in HIS wedding party -- tuxedo and all. I must say I looked dashing in the tux ahah. I was the tallest "dude" in the party, too (for which everyone else gave each other endless shit).
      On the rare occasions when I actually have to wear formal-ish business attire, I wear something more along the lines of this:
      cdnc.lystit.com/.../...t-2-14619659-966256833.jpeg

Also, you know that "waistcoat" is actually pronounced west-cut, right?
      srsly... freakin British people
      theweek.com/.../10-words-weve-forgotten-how-pronounce

• AHEM... I have some serious style

• Evolution &. No social media, cell phones, PC, cable tv and their freaking ententilment mentality.

• yeah some women from the 60's look more attractive than some women nowadays too.

• They didn't exactly have that great of style back then... also everything you could buy back then you can buy today.

• Im fly af ty very much

• Lol go back to 60s then... What are you doing in today's world?

I am married to a very intelligent and polite man, that treats me like a queen! way would I want anything else? hahahah

Let's keep the language down, your post is public, right? for anyone to make a comment, right?

@Me_Rang but the opinion want for you!! I didn't ask you anything

• Hay baby ;3
    Think we could happen? I can show u the way if LUV 💝
    I mean the way of life 😷😷😷

• We don't have John Wayne to look up to like they did. We were given "kaitlyn" jenner.

OMG. Don't even go there. Good thing I don't follow celebrities. Sometimes I grant get away though.

• cuz ur a lesbian probably

• Well, you could blame 60's generation for todays downfall of western masculinity and society (if you want to find out more read generation identity by markus willinger).

• Thank god there are people like you. Sadly men's fashion and manners are guided by trends and celebrities nowadays. But alas there are still us gentleman out and about.

• Why don't women stay in the kitchen all day? Right, times change

What Girls Said 10

• style like this?
    www.shirisarfati.com/.../...n-powers-bad-teeth.jpg
    there are bigger things in life to be depressed about. You should set priorities.

• Funny, but I've had the same thoughts about women from the 40's-60's. The women, fashions, etc. were feminine, sexy and classy.

• Lol where do you live? I see men with all kinds of different styles. I live in a metropolitan area and well most of the fashionable ones are gay

• Because most of their personalities suck these days. Most of the guys my age just want in my pants 🙄

what kind of a personality would be better then?

@anonman32 that would be perfectly acceptable 👌🏼 Love picnics haha

sounds like we got ourselves a date lol.

• Try traveling to other countries, you will learn that USA is the most racist country in the world! People in other cultures love a little color on your skin! I love dark men, but ended marrying a white Caucasian, for his intelligence, his manners towards me. He could had been any color, but it cannot replace a good conversation and politeness!

• Oh I was wondering when you were going to come back

• I love how you think you'd do well in the 60's even though a lot of heavy shit went down back then.

In the 60's girls were more family oriented. We didn't have internet and you had real friends. I am not saying stay at home, cook, clean, and have kids. I am saying families stayed together, parents spent more time with their kids, you played in the patio with your siblings or your cousins. At 18 I was not readying the newspaper and getting depressed, I was at home listening to music and reading a good book. I dont know, it was different. Now everyone has a cell phone, and even if they are together as a family , everyone is having a chat with their friends.

I like how positive you are.

I have to go, but we can chat later if you want. I learned very early in life, well around 30 something that if you dont pay my bills and buy my groceries, WHO CARES!! hahahaha

• The grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Find a trad guy. They're still around.

• Lol I know

• Today's guys are kinda lame, got to agree.