Is it how I'm dressed?

I usually wear my work boots, blue jeans, and a flannel. I'm 23 and work in construction. I don't really get the ladies attention and if and when I do, they give me attitude for no reason. I'm not ugly ik this. But maybe it's how I'm dressed that's hindering me from getting a date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehh, it might be stereotypes about construction workers? In the UK, we kinda know construction workers as loud arseholes who make a lot of sexual references as you go past or wolf whistle and stuff like that so I would guess that that might put a woman off if she can see that's your job? I dunno.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like normal working gear to me, lots of guys wear stuff like that

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe you just need to find a different environment to meet women and ask them out? Are you part of any clubs?

Are you and your clothes clean and tidy when you do try to ask women out?

I'm always working, I have no time for myself. Besides that, I'm a clean guy but yes my clothes can get pretty dirty. I'm a welder at my construction site sooo my clothes gets pretty gritty and dirty. I don't know, I'm not the type of guy to dress up, I usually wear my work boots and clean jeans/shirt. However, When I do go to the store or w. e I'm always giving a snotty attitude. So weird.

Hmm I don't know bro it's sounds like you're normal enough. As long as you and your clothes are clean when you're not working you should be in good shape.

Yea I think so too

• No, I personally like that style. Can it be the way you approach them?

• So you usually dress as if you're going to your scruffy job or coming back from it? Yes, that could be the problem. Just change the work boots and shirt. Make sure you look fresh and clean.

• well from personal experience construction workers (at least in the the UK) are usually very abrupt, loud, make sexual comments/whistle at women, and just act very 'boy-ish' with crass jokes and stuff? I don't think the clothing is a turn off :)

What Guys Said 1

• Must be it or your personality sometimes