What age do girls start looking for a guy to marry?

What age do girls start looking for a guy to marry and spend the rest of their life with ?

Also, what qualities do you look for in a candidate ?
What would you feel if a guy you were in a relationship with proposed? what would be the first feeling you'd get ?

Most Helpful Girl

• That is such a completely individual and personal question. I have been married almost 6 years, but was never looking for anyone to marry. I have friends that have their lives thoughtfully planned out and when they don't reach personal milestones they feel like they have failed. Or worse they settle for whatever guy they happen to be with at the time because everyone around them is married already. I think the pressure increases when women get out of college or hit around 25 years old, but whether they succombe to the pressure is a different story. As far as the ideal candidate: he was smart, funny and patient with the fact that I am demanding and emotionally high maintenance. He was compatible and that is why we got married when I was 20.

What Girls Said 7

• It honestly depends on the girl. Some girls start thinking of things like that in early high school. Other girls don't ever want to get married. I think the normal age, if there even is one, is between 21-28. Kind of a big range, but like I said before, it all depends on the girl. It depends on her life goals too and if marriage might interfere with what she has planned then she might put off thinking about it for a while.

• for me, I started to want to settle down when I hit 24-25. by that time id lived enough as a young adult and did the things I wanted to do. I looked for stability in a man; someone that had a job and was happy with it. had a strong family, wanted the same things from marriage that I did (including kids in the future)

basically, I looked for someone that wanted the same things out of the next 6 or 7 years as I did. and without thinking we found each other. casual talk turns in to so much more if only you let it!

• i'm guessing at 20... I mean it's super hard to find someone worth you time so you gotta start looking early lol... but if you're talking being ready for marriage 24 and up... the qualities most of us look for in a guy is loyalty,patience,caring... what else can one ask for?

• ask the girl you like, or what not

I didn't start dating until I was 23

I got married a month ago and I'm 24

make sure the girl you want to marry has morals, goals, and is hard working, kind... and you should be the same. When I hit that period of my life, I knew I was ready for marriage? I don't know... I never thought I would be married, but some girls say that and they do get married. I'm proof of it...lol

• For me I feel like it'll be around 25. I'm actually scared of meeting a guy who's perfect for me now because I feel like I'm not ready yet. I like to go out and party and not have to worry about anyone but me. But I feel like around 25-26 is when I'd like "the one" to come into my life.

• I can't speak for all girls, but mid 20s is the norm. Personally I'm not sure if I want to get married. But, he would have to be funny, caring, responsible, loyal, and patient. And to be honest, he should be well off as far as money goes, material items are important to me and I do not want to be the soul provide in a relationship, our incomes should be similar.

• depends on the girl lik me I'm 19 and I feel lik I'm ready to be married. But most women start at around 22 nd up

What Guys Said 0