I really want to get my tongue pierced but I don't know what people will think, guys do you find it attractive when a girl gets her tongue pierced?

Most Helpful Guy

• What is the main reason you want your tongue pierced? If you're wondering or worrying already what people will think after you get it done, then you definitely shouldn't get yours pierced. Personally, I don't like piercing that much, especially the tongue. Girls start talking funny and they think it's sexy, and they're always putting their hands in front of their mouths to hide the fact that theirs is. I think it looks trashy. It's definitely not cute. A neighbor guy that had just recently moved in stopped at the door one day to ask if I had a certain tool for a car job that he could borrow. I had to ask him 3 times to repeat what he wanted because I couldn't understand him. Finally, I realized he had his tongue pierced and was trying to hide the fact. Why would a girl ever want to take a chance of messing up something as important as her tongue that she uses to talk, eat and drink in an attempt to look rebellious, bold, trashy, slutty or kinda freakish? Usually that kind of thing tells a guy that she's easy and does shit! Why would a girl ever want a reputation like that?

What Guys Said 5

• Me personally I don't like it. seems a bit trampy for some reason.

you should ask your self what you want to get one.

Is it because others said you should.

Is it something you want.

What do you think a tongue piercing will say about you.

What will it express about you

• I agree with the guys, it seems too trashy. You know what they say about girls who pierce their tongues. Same thing they say about guys who pierce it. I just see a pierced tongue, and to be honest, I see no class. Definitely not the type of girl I would date. Sorry, just being honest.

• Please don't do it. Think about eating like meat and stuff? You can't take it out.

The food will get stuck in there. Ew.

• f*** no disgusting. sorry. but do not do it.

• i like pierced tongues , however I find there not as common is they used to be. used to see a lot of younger women with them but don't really see them as much these days. when I went to college it was pretty common for a girl to have her tongue pierced but other piercings seem to be more cool now

What Girls Said 7

• i got mine done 6 years ago now, at first it was a little awkward, but now it has become part of me and I feel naked when I have to take it out. Most people don't even realize that I have it pierced until they ask if I have any piercings and I show them. When I dated guys they seemed to enjoy it. But now its just something that I enjoy and I wouldn't take it out for anyone.at least not at this time in my life.

My girlfriend got hers done about 3 years ago and ended up taking it out about a year ago, she had speech problems and it bothered her teeth. So I think everyone is different (every mouth is different). Its a question that you have to ask yourself if you want it done or not. But, at least with a piercing if it isn't for you, you can remove it. Not like a Tattoo.and permanent

• I have my tongue pierced and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I know that some people think is trashy or totally stupid. But when I got it, it really was something I just wanted. I didn't get it for all the reasons some one usually would. So honestly. if you want it. just get it

• i had it done a year and a half ago and I took it out after 3months because it chipped my bottom teeth not badly but it could have been!

i loved when I had it done though I thought it was the nicest piercing next to belly button piercings so I was pure raging when I had to take it out! it doesn't hurt either when you get it done well I didn't think it did anyway

and I couldn't eat at all for a week and a half after I got it done it was too sore so I lost weight :D lol

• I wouldn't recommend piercing your tongue for various reasons, it starts chipping your teeth eventually, HELLLOOO dentist bill! Plus, since it's in your mouth, you're opening more doors for the possibilities of getting infections, sti's, etc. other then that, my friend had hers and she didn't like it because she couldn't talk correctly for a while haha, but do it because YOU want it, not for anyone else :)

• I used to have mine pierced and the guys liked it, but after awhile it got irritating. It would always swell up my gums and I found myself playing with it constantly, it became a distraction, so I took it out for good. Just think about it first and don't do it unless YOU want to, not because others want you to.

• One of my friend had hers done and she gave up on it after 5 months. She loved it in the begining but it began to swell up her tongue and she was getting annoyed by it. You should get it only if you want to not because other people said so. As far as guys go - that depends on the guy. Some guys love it and some hate it. Most of the guys I know don't really like it but then again there are many other guys that love it. Its all about preference.

• I have my tongue pierced and I like it, but to be honest most people are small minded and they will automatically think you are easy, even is you are in a serious relationship.