What types of beauty treatments do and how often do you do them?

When I say beauty treatments, I'm referring to anything like a manicure, hair cut, spa treatment, etc...

I'm just curious how often and what treatments everyone does. I feel like I'm abnormal because I don't do these very often (they are expensive!). I wish I could afford to do them more!

Most Helpful Guy

• trim my beard like once a week maybe dont really count the days between them so thats a guesstimate and a hair cut whenever its long enough to annoy me

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to do them more, do it diy, you can do it all at home very very cheaply.

And no you're not abnormal. I don't do them often, although I know how to and have the means to do it all at home, and I still don't. It's just boring to me. I think with those things, you either love doing it, hate doing it or are terribly bored by it.

What Guys Said 4

• I get a haircut once a month.

• Laser hair removal on my ass

• i go to a podiatrist but its not for "beauty" lol
    had an accident a few years ago in which i slammed a toe nail into my toe (amongst other injuries). it fell off a year later and then took another year to grow back, but that last part didn't go so well, so half a year ago i had it removed and its now growing back under 'supervision' so to speak

oh and i see my barber every 4 weeks to take care of the hair on my head and on my face! :D

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• Mani. every 2 weeks ($7-$9)
    Pedi. once a 3 weeks or so...($15.)
    (pretty cheap in NY due to competitions)
    (natural, or high end salon $50-$70)

facial aveda 4 times a yr.
    gengeral spa 1-2 a yr.
    massages 2-3 times a yr.

(I didn't do all that when i just started working, have better ways to manage my money now)
    hair cut - i have long hair 1-2 times a yr.

i am frugal with other stuff.
    i spent on more quality stuff over quantity.

treat your self sometimes, your bday or something like that.

wow mani pedi are cheap in ny !

but i do know one place that does it for ¥500 but it's not a normal nail salon

@COCOCHANEL
      $30. Is normal here.
      The other doesn't sound right... Strange.

• I think it is true for most people that they are too expensive. I would get many more if I could afford to. I also don't do much at all. Well, I am addicted to hair extensions because my hair is so thin and after it is said and done I usually spend about $500 on them, but that is only about twice a year. Then I get manicures maybe once a month or every other month on average. That is it.

• I get my hair cut maybe once or twice a year. I usually take care of my split ends myself, until I feel like I want a longer length cut.
    Never gotten any spa treatments/manicures etc. I'm more of a DIY person. I buy my own masks and do my own nails when I feel like it.

• I do my own manicures and pedicures often. I'll do pedicures maybe every week or less and manicures every few days up to a week when I get bored with it. I also use sugar scrubs and I've made my own as well so it makes my skin baby soft and smooth, which is exactly how I like it.

• I used to get laser hair removal treatments once a month for $100 per session. I threw in a couple facials. I haven't gotten a pedicure or manicure in a couple years

How is the result? I spent so much on waxing my private area...
      How many sessions required? How often do you need to go back?

I have dark hair so that works. Which more painful? Laser or waxing? I have been waxing n gets thinner still a lot of money added up

@3336PS depending on how thick the hair is, I'd say it's equal

• almost never :/

• Yeah I don't get them at all, apart from a hair cut sporadically, like once every few months. Oh and also waxing my brows and down under.

And I got a massage and mani-pedi on our holiday in Bali, if that counts lol.

• I use face wash and sometimes I'll put on a mud mask.

For my hands I'll use sugar scrub whenever I want my hands to feel soft.. seriously love that stuff ❤️

• hair salon → once a month
    nail salon → once a month
    spa → once a month or so

• Just deep conditioning and manicure a couple of times.

• I can't afford them, but I can afford brow tinting and eyelash dyeing.

• I do all at home 😂

• I only get my hair cut like once every two months I don't get manicure or anything like that, I bite my nails so would never go get them done or my eyebrows I do it myself

Do you bite after you get your nails done?

I get mine done so I dont peel them,

@3336PS I don't get them done I wouldn't it's waste of money, I just paint them myself

• I don't do such stuff often. I cut my own hair once every 3 months or so.
    The only beauty treatment I do often is putting various types of oils in my hair. Nothing else.

1 private opinion(s)