I'm afraid to let my crush see my natural hair?

So last school year I sorta met this guy. We weren't friends but we had mutual friends so we sometimes spoke to each other. We really didn't pay much attention to each other and we didn't have many classes together. This year according to my friends I "glowed up" (I improved my looks). I started a new skin care routine which made my skin look amazing (it also partially bleached my eyebrows accidentally), I got some box braids instead of my normal bob because my hair was just getting destroyed by heat damage, I lost a few pounds, and I got some better clothes. He and I have a ton of classes together now and he has a crush on me. We text like every day, we talk in every class, we partner up for every group project, and more. After wearing my box braids for about two months I finally took them out last night. Now I have no clue what I'm going to do with my hair because I haven't styled my hair without heat in YEARS. I don't want to get more box braids because I don't want to put too much stress on my hair and I can't flat iron it because I'm trying to stop damaging my hair. So right now my hair is a nappy messy ugly pony tail with a bandanna wrapped around like a headband and it looks so ugly. Honestly I look like a boy right now. I'm really embarrassed by my hair because it's not very long (it's only shoulder length when straightened), it's neither curly nor straight, it's poofy, and it's sticking out in all directions. I don't wanna damage my hair more but I also don't want to go to school like this! Please help. I don't want my crush to see me like this and then lose interest or something. I HATE MY HAIR.

Most Helpful Guy

• Small dreads look nice

You do know that you have to cut your hair off after getting dreads right?

Yea but I don't want to cut all my hair off at once.

I see the problem. Well, it was just a thought. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Why don't you try googling hair ideas? Hair can be really frustrating when you're not sure what to do with it but that doesn't make you or your hair ugly. I'm sure there are lots of pretty ideas you can find :)

I've been googling hair ideas all day, it's just that I'm terrible at doing my own hair and I don't have the money to get someone else to do it. Also my hair is really short, it's heat damaged, and I've never styled my own hair without heat before. My mom used to do it for me and then I started flat ironing it.

Have you asked if she's willing to help you now?

Yea she said no.

• Don't be ashamed of who you are, and do not hide your beautiful self. If he/she cannot accept you All of you? then they're not worth it. :)

But my hair is like legit fucked up and I hate it.

You're life, your body, your hair is a gift. You just have to find a style right for it. Some people do not even have the privilege to have your hair sweetpea, you should love yourself a little more because you need to give yourself more credit. i believe you deserve some more credit.

• If your hair is that damaged, cut it off.

• go on youtube and watch the video titled: GRWM Date/Girls' Night Look! (Hair, Makeup, & Outfit) by Luhhsetty. a slicked back, high bun is always very cute! if your hair isn't long enough, maybe do it half up-half down. on a side note, if your crush REALLY likes you, he won't care what your hair looks like.

• hmm try doing a blow out, it improves length for most hair texture like ours. and awe so cute!!

I've banned myself from all forms of heat on my hair. My hair is super heat damaged.

What's the rolling method

i'll give you a couple videos :)

• Awwwhhh hun don't worry bout that he should still really like u even if you have ur natural hair out if not then he's not the ne (not supposed to care that much on looks) But hopefully it goes out well xx