Attempting balayage hair at home? Any good methods to do so?

I'm attempting this at home on my dark brown hair, will it be a good idea to weave through my hair, starting at different points? Then just brushing extra bleach all over the bottom? I've only ever done whole head highlights

Does anyone have any other methods to do this? I have a cap I could use

Most Helpful Girl

• I did it multiple times at home by myself - but not with the balayage powder, but with a hair color few shades lighter than my own.
    It turned out extremely natural and cute. =)

I suggest you watch many youtube videos, and save pics of the process so you can do it the best you can - watch those pics in the moment you're doing it, so you don't do anything wrong... But also, if you're creative and have confidence in these things like I do, you can wing it - it'll most likely turn out awesome.
    Use a dye few shades lighter than your own - one or two shades for a more natural look: IF you're not sure how it's going to turn out.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Please, don't do it.