Shall I prove my dad wrong?

Okay for a long time now, my dad has ALWAYS compared me to my some of my cousins; especially with two of my female cousins. I've always been different to these two because I'm not like them. I'm not girly, I don't listen to boy bands, I'm not interested in fashion, make up and all the other things they like.

I love Marvel comics and movies, DC comic and movies. I love gaming (mainly Play Station, but I'm hoping to get an Xbox soon), I do a lot of fitness training with martial arts (one of my cousins does the same martial arts as well) and I also do a lot of fitness training with my personal trainer. I study English, History and music (I want to be a teacher) I don't style my hair (it's naturally curly/wavy. I like it that way), I wear what I find like (skirts, tops leggings), but my dad doesn't agree with me.

He has said a number of times that I should be like them, and I've had enough of it. Should I just act like my cousins, so he sees how miserable I'll be by pretending to be someone I'm not?

• Yes, do it!
  • No, stay true to you!

Most Helpful Guy

• You are a great woman the way you are, you are probably a lot of guys types. Don't bow down to your dad's wants, be who YOU want to be and not who you DAD wants you to be.

What Guys Said 4

• I think you should stay true to yourself

I will, thankx you x

• my kinda girl lol

• If I were you I'd take him to the ring. Let's see how good he swings.

• Honestly, you sound a lot more attractive than your cousins. Can I get your number?

In all seriousness though, just keep doing you.

I will, thankx you x

What Girls Said 3

• Just tell him straight, there is absolutely no reason for you to be like them as this isn't the 1950s where women have to be girly girls any more. People are who they are. Tell him (dont ask) tell him, not to bring it up with you again, its not acceptable for him to compare you to others, its quite frankly rude.

Lol no, ask him, there is no reason to be rude to my parents.

I know that but parents will be parents at the end of the day, they'll still do it, mine do.

@Jeeevan haha don't we all know it xD

• Be yourself. Not even a question.

• No. Your father should understand that not everyone's the same way. You don't need to imitate your cousins. You should develop your own personality based on who you want to be. Your father doesn't have the right to dictate you anything. There is nothing wrong with you. Your father has the issue, he should be the one to solve it, not you.