Is it true that drinking salt water can help cure acne?

My friend told me that drinking salt water once a day can help cure acne. Has anyone heard or tried this before? If you did, was it effective? I'm really desperate to cure my pimples (and i have a lot of scars as well) as im going for my graduation ceremony soon. Please provide details (how much salt and water, how long do i do it for, side effects [i read somewhere that after a few days of drinking it your face will have whiteheads and start becoming greasy, isit true?])

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never heard of that but I've heard that cleaning your face with intimate hygiene wash helps for your skin and that some dermatologists recommend doing this. Generally I think you should type something on youtube. Many girls there are talking about acne and what worked for them :)

What Guys Said 4

• That's a myth, saltwater dehydrates your body like nobody's business - it's dangerous to drink.

• No...

• It's a good way to cure life.

• maybe but what really works is the isoface and creams that dry out the skin

What Girls Said 3

• never heard of that before

• Yeah just drink it and let me know what happens when your kidneys give out.

• I don't think so.