Why are women going for the big thick eyebrows these days?

2mo I can see cleaning them up or even shaping them a little. but now women are filling them in and making them bigger. I just think its a strange look.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• All new fashion look strange at first and hard to digest but we get uses to most of them. But some are really unpleasant. Big thick eyebrows do look bad. But how about guys going back to shorts that are shorter than boxers. Almost frickin speedos. That is so fuckin gay.

What Girls Said 47

• Because the naturally thick eyebrows make the whole face look younger and more natural.

agirlnamedpj.com/.../thick-eyebrows.jpg

• Back in the days, women didn't really put on this much make-up. At least, not starting from such a young age as the present. So working on your face was less versatile than it is now. Having thick eyebrows with no make up on was hideous. Have you seen that in the past? So they plucked them.

Now that make up's all the rage and misused feminism, with the aid of photo editing apps and softwares + celebrities having thick eyebrows, the trend becomes thick brows for most. You already have thick brows? Well, then glue some fake lashes and do some shadowing and it doesn't matter anymore. In fact it makes your eyes appear bigger. No sweetheart, it's the rest of your makeup that goes with it. If you do makeup for others, you should know this.

It's rare to find a beautiful girl with a pretty make-up free face AND natural thick brows. Why? It's because we're all born with different facial structures. This seems to be a blind fact to many.

But like any trend, people should learn to accept the fact that not all trends suit them. Which is why you're perfectly correct to say it looks strange. Not many people could pull off certain beauty trends and going with the flow should serve as a hard slap in the face for some.

• Because it's more natural than sperm brows and Smiley face brows.

• Ehhh, mine are just naturally quite thick, I dunno. I think people like thicker eyebrows cause it's more dramatic?

• Would you rather they have no eyebrows?
    uproxx.files.wordpress.com/.../...ws-milakunis.jpg

Great, now I just remembered when my brother shaved his off as a dare (not from me).

• Wayyyyy better than the no eyebrows trend

• I think it's just a current trend, and the shape probably works better with some women's natural brows. I think it's always best when women work with their natural shape rather than trying to create a completely different one. It just never looks right if they do that. I have naturally thinner brows than the ones in the picture, and I really don't have to do anything to them. I like to touch them up every once in awhile, but I don't want them pencil thin or nearly nonexistent.

• Meh I think the fad of plucking eyebrows into oblivion has just simply passed. Filling in eyebrows just fills in parts between sparse hairs, rather than making them bigger. Some girls are going for the cars develine or whatever look but I think people just aren't used to women with eyebrows. Lol

The eyebrows in the picture have definitely been "cleaned up" and shaped by the way

• It looks Ok and some women can pull that look off. Personally I don't think big thick eyebrows would look good on me though. I admit girls with peroxide blonde hair and black or really dark brown caterpillar eyebrows look weird to me.

• natural ones look nice not the drawn ones

• This is a very trendy time for facial hair in general. See all these guys with beards, all these women with prominent eyebrows and fake lashes.. people are on hair-growing journeys as well. Guys wear man buns. Some grow their armpit hair out and dye it. It's a hairy time in fashion.

• Some women look good with them and it's the trend, but I can't wear them thick. My face is masculine and when I thin mine out, I look more feminine. Unfortunately I get told when I get them done to get out of the 90s. I don't want them over plucked, I just want them thin. So often I don't even get them waxed, I just pluck at home. They don't end up looking as good as a wax though.

• Well naturally eyebrows are unruly and thicker than when you pluck the so I guess people like it.

• Because some are born with it, including me. I guess they want to embrace the look as well as enhance it, like it shows in the photo.
    Eyebrows like those are perfectly shaped, which isn't natural, but the thickness is. I personally don't see anything wrong with this. If you do, that's your problem.

• Actually, the eyebrows in the picture are normal-sized. These are big eyebrows: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f34d54c9c2.jpg

• Just the current trend, besides I'd prefer shaped and slightly filled in brows to wispy little ones that aren't even there.

• I resisted the trend for a while but I finally started filling in my eyebrows and actually love it. I stick to the natural shape tho. It gives my makeup a more "polished" look.. but I agree it can taken WAY too far..

• It's a trend
    I personally don't like. Though I think I have got thick ones but I prefer if they are not thick but not thin either. Normal size lol

• It's in trend

• bolder

• Because thick eyebrows look a helluva lot better than thin overly plucked / waxed ones

• it's a popular style which helps frame your face and define it

• It looks good but not on everyone

• Thu look better than the non existent ones

• Because they look good. These aren't even big brows.. search up cara delavigne, those are some catarpullars😍.

• I don't have a choice. That's how my eyebrows grow in... 😓

• i dislike big brows

• I don't know. I think it looks ugly depends on her facial structure

• I blame Disney... hello new Cinderella. So huge.

• Lol cause it looks better duh

• More from Girls
    17

What Guys Said 24

• I actually don't mind it all that much I mean it's just ehh whatever to me and to me the bigger bushier ones look better then the really overly thin ones which a lot of women actually can't pull off in the first place lol.

It's much easier to pull of a more natural look for most women then the artificial really thin eyebrows.

• I'd rather see that than a woman who plucks them to near nothingness, or who removes them completely, and then draws them back on.

• Fashion trends. That's literally the only reason. Lol.
    Guys have fashion trends as well. The hard part or the lumber sexual look comes to mind.

• I'm not sure but I LOVE it, especially when they're full, but groomed. They look like expressive little caterpillars. ♥

• The way women's eyebrows were getting thinner and thinner , day by day , I thought they will go bald in their eyebrows some day. But better sense seems to be prevailing now and some seem to want thicker eyebrows. It has nothing to do with whether they like it or not. They are only changing according to prevailing fashions.

• I actually like them

• Because kim k says you need this to be pretty.

• So it doesn't look mismatched with their weird looking eyelashes.

• Thick brows and laces both look stupid in my opinion...

• Those are really not bad at all.

• MAKE IT STAAAHP 😣

One of the most hideous fashion trends of all time...

• i have no clue, i like women with just normal eyebrows.

• I don't know personally I usually like it though.

• Emphasizes the eyes

• Lips are a bigger issue. As well as boobs and butts

• I think theyre sexy

• I guess we like that more? At least I do😁

• I like thick brows on ladies

• Lmao i get that shit normally

• They think it looks good I guess?

• Because they're thick and natural looking... Those overly plucked, drawn on, fake looking eyebrows just look awful and make a girl look trashy to be completely honest. Like more often than not, it looks REALLY bad!

• 1|1
  • I think her eyebrows are cute and sexy. Is something wrong with me?

• I don't know I have big thick eyebrows too lol