Does 10-20 pounds make a big difference in attractiveness?

I had a big wakeup call and realized that I was getting unhealthy so I started losing weight. I don't own a scale, but I assume I've lost from 10-20 lbs because I went down a pant size and my clothes fit better.

Lately I've noticed that I am getting more attention from guys and that I am turning more heads than usual in public. It feels good but I didn't think such a small amount of weight would make a huge difference. I am about 5'8 so I'm tall. Friends and family who see me every day haven't really commented on my weight so i doubt it's that noticeable.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can.

Take a look at this girl:

http://i.imgur.com/OkYZy.jpg

Shows her weight loss... the difference on her going from 124 to 140 is -big-. Guys whose ideal is that 124 look? They wouldn't notice her at 140. It's hugely different. 132 vs 150? Big difference.

On the other hand 165 vs. 185? I can tell the difference, but it's not gonna change many people's minds.

I believe you're in quite good shape and at that weight, 20 lbs is quite a difference.

FWIW on me? If i'm at my leanest, vs. 20 lbs up, naked, sure there's quite a difference. In clothes people can't even tell. But men's clothing is not the same as women's clothing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your opinions and questions sure have changed. I know we don't interact much, but I've seen your opinions before and they're different now.

yeah i think they have too. hopefully thats a good thing lol but i have just changed a lot as a person

It is good, but I did like your savage answers I must admit lol

What Guys Said 18

• It can make a big difference. It's amazing how much our face shape can change with just a slight weight loss. When I lose weight that's what I notice first. The confidence that comes with it can be quite a thing to behold. It can create a pep in our step that people can find desirable. That could be what people are noticing in you 👍

Congratulations on being committed to that. It isn't easy.

• Yeah it does. Not so much the weight but the bodyfat reduction.

It also boosts your own confidence and you project that confidence outwards which in turn means people like you more.

Keep it up btw! You'll feel on top of the world when you're in good shape.

• Yes 10 to 20 pounds can be a significant difference in looks. I'm sure we have all seen the fat vs muscle 1 pound or 5 pound diagrams. Fat takes up more surface area than muscle.

As for why your friends and family dont notice it is the key words was "they see you everyday" people who don't see you everyday would notice.

• I think they can. Partially depends on the body shape and where the weight was lost (or gained). 10-20 pounds can make a big difference.

• Definitely once you go into double figures it is noticeable and as you say you have dropped a size - Congrats on weight loss

• Family usually doesn't notice because they see you a lot so the you they saw last time won't be that big of a change than the you people you haven't seen in a long time will remember. It's like how boys immediate family don't notice his voice getting deeper but others do.

• I notice it too and I hate how shallow the world is. I don't like being looked at and I'm only working out so I can make myself healthier and eventually be able to do a bunch of things like hop over fences, run for a long time, and climb trees. Live the ideal British Columbia outdoors life with nothing stopping me!

• Go to youtube and watch a big think video about Penn Gillette losing weight
    Seems like even one pound might do a lot of difference

• I bet you look great!

• 20 pounds can definitely make a huge difference if the fat was in certain notable places like the stomach, arms or face.

• Yeah, that's a lot of weight. It's more obvious for women as they wear tighter fitting clothing.,

• It depends on how heavy you are but generally yeah that is a noticeable difference.

• I guess it depends on how you looked before. but it definitely can make a difference

• Depends are we talking 10lbs fat or muscle

• Hell yea it does

• yeah, i can make a big diff. I really like fit thin girls (surprise!)

• This is a girl i know

igcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/.../...6558868_n.jpg

On the left this is her at 120 lb. On the right this is her at 141 lbs.

Which looks better to you?

right isn't really a good angle so i can make the best decision. but i think her at 141 looks better from what i can see. her legs look so scrawny at 120

• It depends on your height and build. If someone is like 300 pounds, losing 20 wouldn't be noticeable. But someone that was like 150, losing 20 would be very noticeable.

What Girls Said 4

• As far as pant sizes go it just depends on your build and if you're working out or only dieting. For me to go down a pant size I only lose like 5 pounds (I'm about your height). But I do it by working out more so it's more inches than if I were just dieting.

I notice I get more attention too, but if I'm being honest I don't think it's the weight or the size of the pants. When I've been working out or eating better I'm just feeling more confident and I think that tends to get more attention.

• Good for you:) I lost 30lbs one time and you'd think it was 100 by the way people reacted! So I can believe it♡

• Yes i believe it does! Same thing happened to me!

• Oh yes, they do! I recently lost around 18 lbs and I noticed a huge difference.