Girls, Should I buy highlighter makeup or not? Is it worth it?

I was thinking of getting highlighter makeup or not? Does it make you look better? And can you wear it on a casual day?

19

Most Helpful Girl

• I only ever wear it on special occasions, mainly because I like to keep my make-up use to a minimum on a daily basis to spare my skin the clogged pores etc. But on those special occasions I absolutely adore it! It makes my cheekbones (which are practically non-existent) pop and gives me a much more refined look. I love it. But it doesn't work wonders without bronzer! The bronzer is a must-have, the highlighter is just the cherry on top, the icing on the cake etc. ;) (Remember, however, to watch tutorials on how to apply it correctly. Preferably some where they have a similar face shape to your own.) xx

What Girls Said 18

• Not worth it.

You can skillfully apply thin layer of make-up and still achieve the look you want without damaging your face in the long run. Have you seen how thick some people's make up are up close? And of those people, they have terrible pores and skin texture. You don't want that happening to you.

Learn to live on thin but beautiful make up results. A girl shouldn't have to sabotage herself in order to become pretty for half a day.

• Honestly it just depends. It isn't necessary for a 5 minute face by any means but it's definitely a cute addition to the typical regime.

• I wouldn't wear it on a casual day. I think it would be just too much. A night out yeah sure. Use it for a glamorous look. Other then that nah

• i dont wear it myself, but i think it would be cool. I don't know if its something i'd wear on a casual day.

• Yeesssssesseeessss girl if u love makeup try it if u don't like it ditch it

• I use it all the time, everyday and going out. I do tend to make mine quite subtle really, but I would recommend getting it and not necessarily wearing it all the time, but definitely for a special occasion 😊

• Highlighter is the most amazing thing ever , if you also buy the right one. I use Anastasia That Glow , and it's amazing as it glows ❤️😍

• Hell yeah girl it makes you look like a sparkly unicorn. It so worth it Anastasia Beverly highlighter is the best. You can wear on any days and makes you look 100x better

• I swim in highlighter bahahah

• I wouldn't wear highlight and contour on a casual day. That's more of an occasion type of makeup. Foundation is nice for casual everyday wear.

• Ohhhhh yes Lol I love highlighter😍😍😍 I wear it everyday

• I wear highlighter daily it's one thing in my make up bag I can't live without x

• Yes but you need to know how to apply it properly.

• never used highlighter sorry

• Yes! Get bronzer too, and watch videos on how to apply it

• I don't think highlighter is worth it.

• what is highlighter?

• I don't even know what highlighter makeup is. I don't wear makeup.