What is it with people who do drugs (weed usually) and aliens?

I've never understood this. I know a lot of weed smokers and see a lot of them online, usually at overpriced music festivals. And all the time they have alien imagery on them. I'm just so confused by the meaning of it all. Someone please help explain. Here's some examples:

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• I have a lot of alien shirts, I don't do drugs. My husband smokes, and does not believe in aliens. He does believe in god though... Can't say it's unrelated.

Honestly, most of the folks I know that smoke and go to raves don't really like alien stuff.

This is my favorite shirt.

hottopic.scene7.com/.../10384905_hi

• Aliens are just fashionable now.

• I love aliens and music festivals! but I don't smoke weed..

• What the heck is the first girl wearing o_O?

• I know tons of weed smokers, but I know none that are the way you describe.
    Those examples look "different" anyway. Not normal. They'd be weird anyway, with our without weed.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it is more ravey fashion than drugs per se probably just being a bit different.

• i dont know man, if you smoke too much weed and your brain cells die this can happen i guess.

• These types of people are annoying as shit next to the ones who smoke weed once and they wear a bob Marley shirt or a weed shirt/hat

• Just a bunch of weirdos.

• its propaganda for when they come back