My boyfriend thinks I'm unattractive/ugly, what to do?

All of my girlfriends are really really pretty,get asked out all of the time,they're gorgeous and have perfect body's.Well my boyfriend always talks about them and tells me I should be like them.They wear a lot of make-up(particularly eye make-up),and cute clothes.I have basically the same taste of clothing as they do,although my taste is a bit more diverse and varies widely and I do wear make-up.My boyfriend tells me I look better with more make-up on,so I use Loreal Paris super blendable liquid foundation,rice powder to set it,liquid eyeliner on top lid,mascara,black eyeliner on bottom lid(thin line).Sometimes I wear eyeshadow.I guess my style can range from girly to tomboyish.

But what should I do?I'm 16 and he's 17.

btw,i know I'm not pretty or gorgeous or even remotely pretty but I do try to look pretty and I've learned to live with it so I don't really have low self esteem,it's just facts.

Beauty tips/tricks/advice?

Anything?

Most Helpful Guy

• ok if you had a pic would be much easier to tell you how beautiful you are without all the makeup. guys like him are douche bags who want girls with plastic asses fake t*ts and caked on makeup. you deserve better than that and you are spending a lot on makeup you most likely really don't need. the most make up I will allow my g/f's to put on is foundation lipstick eye liner and mascara anything more is really over excessive for everyday use and really most women have a much better natural beauty than they think. its sad how they think they have to be perfect to be with a good guy. when all the great guys don't care about the makeup and love them without that fake mask on.

What Guys Said 4

• Find a different boyfriend. Someone who cares about you will see your beauty.

• That's not helpful either

• OK then turn tricks on the side until you can afford a facelift and look like Rachel Weisz. That should make him happy.

• Oh,she's pretty...there was no need to be rude sheesh

• Your still in high school, in the next 5 years what your boyfriend thinks as attractive is probably going to change. At that age you really just follow what everyone else tells you is attractive. All I can say is ride it out or fine a new boyfriend.

• get out. he's a douchebag. if he doesn't like you for u. then why are you with him. don't change yourself for anyone

• I think you should dump your idiot boyfriend.

What Girls Said 3

• The problem here isn't you - it's him. Based on how you describe yourself ("not pretty or gorgeous or even remotely pretty") I kind of get the sense that you feel like he's the best you can do, right? Like, at least a boy likes you? But (ok, I'm about to be horribly cliche here) it's better to be alone than in bad company. If your boyfriend wants you to change who you are for him, then he doesn't want to be with YOU and you're better off leaving him and finding a guy who likes your style and your looks and who you are, not who you could be.

• um, he sounds like a bit of a douche. He shouldn't want you to be a look-a-like version of someone else.

Beauty-wise, you're still growing and changing and it'll probably take you some time to figure out exactly what your style is and what looks best on you. Just do what you think looks nice, and what you're comfortable with.

• HE SOUNDS LIKE A F***ING DICKHEAD DUMP HIM! HE SHOULDN'T TREAT YOU THAT WAY AND INSULT YOU! YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER!