Does getting your septum pierced hurt?

I'm getting my septum pierced, if I don't chicken out.

Some think it hurts and others think it doesn't or it just hurts right as the needle goes through. I have a high threshold for pain (I broke my wrist/dislocated my forearm and barely cried; got a Monroe piercing as well) but I don't know if it would hurt still, since the nose is incredibly sensitive.

Thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• I got my septum pierced last Friday(2mm), and I was surprised it didn't hurt more. Of course, it hurts a little, but it's not that bad, and it's gone as soon as the jewellery is in place. Piercing my lobe(4mm) actually did hurt more imo. The tears get watery though.

What Girls Said 1

• i didn't get my septum pierce but I got my nostril...it doesn't hurt at all..just an uncomfortable 3 second pressure...maybe because I got tattoos and like 2 other piercings that made me feel this way..do expect your eyes to get watery though..so don't wear too much eye makeup lol