Guys, is it too much makeup?

Basically I have gotten allergy which has caused my entire cheeks to turn extremely red. Now, I have to go on a date now. I am thinking of using just a foundation to cover up the reddish cheeks, wear a natural shade lipstick. Is it still too much or guys want just fully natural girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• That just sounds like light make up to me - I like the light/natural make up

Most Helpful Girl

• That shouldn't be too much at all. I have naturally red skin and so my cheeks are very rosy, and I always lightly apply foundation so that I still have a bit of a blush look, but that it's not so extreme. Nobody has ever even noticed it, especially since there's not a huge difference between what I do and my natural skin. It just evens it out a bit and gets rid of the blitchiness.
    As for guys only liking all natural girls, I've only seen those opinions on here. Most guys do not really care either way, or they like the fact that you put effort into your appearance. As long as you aren't overdoing it to the point that your entire face is a mask or you look like a clown, I don't think any guy would be upset at you for wearing makeup. Any guy who gets upset over a little bit of foundation and a natural looking lipstick is honestly an idiot and a loser with unrealistic expectations, since I hardly know of any girls who go fully natural all the time, or even most of the time. Not to mention that getting upset over such a small amount that he probably wouldn't even know was makeup would be a very petty thing to be upset over. Don't read too much into these guys who say they only like all natural girls, as they are a vast minority and I doubt they even know the difference between all natural and natural looking makeup. Do what you like. A guy worth dating won't care that much about your makeup. Good luck on your date!

What Guys Said 2

• thats not too much, its alright

• whatd you wind up doing?

What Girls Said 8

• If you have an allergy I recommend not wearing makeup at all, isn't there a chance you can cancel the date and tell him you've gotten a sever allergy (Even if it isn't severe, you can exaggerate your way out of this one, and its a white lie.)
    When there's redness battle it out with a green tinted concealer (Its called color correcting) and then continue with your foundation on top.
    But seriously girl, foundation and lipstick? Too much makeup? You're shitting me right. And you shouldn't let a guy tell you to wear more or less makeup, you decide how much you want to wear. For yourself of course, just try not to go overboard like putting more than one layer of foundation where it isn't needed, and when if you're going to wear foundation and lipstick the look won't look completed without mascara, so I really recommend putting on mascara too.

I am taking the medicine for the allergy, but it will take at least 1 month more to get alright, as lots of blemishes and dark spots have occurred on my face. It's been a while since we last met. Moreover, I am not letting a guy dictate my appearance, but cakey face doesn't look good at all on anyone. I would have to put at least 2 layers in order to normalize my face.

• Men like the 'natural' look but not the no make up look. They are different things entirely. As long as your makeup matches your skin tone you'll be fine.

I always choose foundation matching my skintone. Well, yeah I think a bit of makeup accentuate the features.

• As long as you don't cake your face and you have the right kind of pores to do full coverage foundation you should be good.

Yeah, I don't have large pores, and my foundation is full coverage. But full coverage foundations are generally thick and no foundation is invisible under sunlight.

• Good makeup must be applied such that it is almost invisible but still enhances the positive parts and hides or reduces the negative parts.

• its kind of natural

• Have you tried taking antihistamines?

No, I have not heard of it. :(

• The makeup won't make it worse?

• No, that is not too much make up.