Does this dress look okay for a semi formal event?

The event is like an award for this national scholarship thing on a test I took. I'll spare the details but they said dress semi-formally.

Most Helpful Guy

• The dress is pretty... but I wouldn't go with it, if I were you.
    For one thing, unless you want to go braless, or go with a strapless bra, the dress is hard to do. A strapless dress with a bra that isn't doesn't work fantastic.
    But that is the minor problem.
    The major problem is I can see your panties. Like, plain as day. I am not seeing panty lines, I am seeing the shape, cut, and color of the material. The dress isn't very see through, but it is, apparently, see through enough. If you wear panties, they will be visible, even if barely, in the the right light. And maybe entirely in any pictures taken of you with a flash.
    And if you don't wear panties? People might see even more than if they did. The dress might be see through enough that people will see that you aren't wearing panties. I doubt you want to show that much.

Sorry. The dress itself is quite pretty. I like the shape, the color, even the polka dots which normally aren't my thing. But I don't think it is a good choice.

• I see what you are saying thanks for the opinion. I usually don't wear panties but I did just because I'd have to sit in the dress lol and this is what happens when I wear them. I didn't even see that immediately but I totally see what you're talking about.

• I'll have to make it work I have like two dresses. I might wear like pantyhose or something with this one.

• commando? @openthedoors

Most Helpful Girl

• yea I love it. great figure
    but wear a strapless bra

What Guys Said 22

What Girls Said 11

• yes its good

• It's fine but don't shiw bra straps

• Yes, it's very cute and I love the polka dots!

• i think it's ok if not a bit too casual

• I think you look good in it.

• Yeah, it looks good.

• Cuuuuttteeeeee

• Yes it is! That dress is so cure♥️♥️!!!

• I think it looks great on you but srs girl eat something

• lol I think it's the way her hips are turned, but yeah she's petite

• nope

• I like the dress. However, I wouldn't wear it for a formal event.