How did you get rid of your dandruff?

My dandruff is really bad. Just touch my hair and flakes pop off. It's so irritating. Currently I'm trying some type of Apple Cider Vinegar and water scrub (home remedy) and in case this doesn't work, what can I do? I'm also going to tell my dermatologist about this so he can check it out but until then, any tips or anything that worked for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same issue and acv did work but my mom was concerned that the acid was making my hair light so I stopped using it.

You can try shampoo with tea tree oil, coconut oil, or Peppermint oil.

Plus this is the time of year when your dandruff is going to be horrible. I have already started washing my hair every day because my scalp gets itchy so darn fast.

What Guys Said 5

• Everyone's skin and hair type is different so what works for one person might not work for you. There is ONLY one product that i've came across that is the only shampoo that I do use and I never get dandruff since.

I used the ginger shampoo from the body shop. Some coconut ones have been ok before

• I've never had it, but, aren't there shampoos and shiz designed for That? Like. "Head and shoulders" for example?

Yea, I was thinking about buying that.

Tbh, you're far better off buying actual stuff then trying home remedies.

Something actually invented to solve an issue will always be better then some crappy half solving solution conjured up by housewives in the Middle Ages 😂.

Good luck. 😊

Lmao, that's true, honestly. Thanks

• Most dandruff shampoos have the same ingredient that only works on 30% of people. Head and Shoulders is okay but if that fails try Selsun Blue it works for me when I have flare ups.

• I stopped washing my hair as much.

• Wash, wash, wash,
    I think

What Girls Said 2

• Oil, oil, oil. I recommend hair masks as well, egg yoke, coconut oil. There's a lot of remedies online.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more