How much skin is too much skin to show in public?

Like I'm going to a friends party tonight and it's humid so I'm planning on wearing shorts and a sports bra (pic below). I'd like to get opinions on what's appropriate for the public and what isn't. Like I see celebrities wearing shit like this all the time and I don't know is that normal for people who ain't famous or no?

Most Helpful Guy

• Where I live... the combination would be, shall we say, suggestive about the type of attention you were hoping to get.

The top with yoga pants, OR the shorts with a normal tank top, would probably fall in the 'i look cute and sexy' range.

Obviously, you go to the beach and everyone is showing MORE skin than this outfit shows.

So it's really not about the outfit in isolation. The question is, are you showing more skin than everyone else? If you are, it seems like you are inviting sexual objectification. Which is fine and doesn't mean people have the right to treat you like shit. But people will react to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion way too much. Your not going out for a jog. Your going out with friends at a party. All guys are going to think is that your an easy lay, or other bad things about you. Don't listen to celebrities because they're life is not their own anymore. I don't follow them nor worship them. You dress how you want to be treated. But its entirely up to you. But the shorts are way too short: like 'I'm a hoe' short. You may as well go naked, thats how much skin your showing. A fashionable T-shirt would look better, and no tight shorts, but loose fitting and appropriate would do for a party. And besides some celebrities might put you in jail for even commenting on how they look. But this is my humble opinion. You will get plenty of dirty stares. And depending on who's party it is, some people will complain.

What Guys Said 41

• You might be able to get away with it if you wear some kind of workout/exercise shorts to pair with the sports bra lol, instead of those non-exercising shorts in the picture. It would then make you look like those jogger girls who run around in public with a sports bra. xD

But even still, I don't think I'd recommend it for a party.

• Not so much for a party unless you know the people there and others will be wearing like type clothes. A midriff top that is cut lower and nothing with the word bra in it. Shorts not cut nearly so short. Another 5"-6" longer. Again you don't want to be wearing an outfit the is much different than others at the party. You look good and that won't change just because you cover up some skin.

• it looks like you're going to workout, not party.

• You should show as much or as little as you want. I'm one of the more conservative members on here and even I think that worrying about the way you dress is too much. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of sexy fun if you know your values and do not allow things to go too far. Just keep in mind that you WILL garner a lot of male attention and give the impression that you want them to approach you. As it is, if you weren't 17 and we met, I'd be hitting on you like crazy.

• You look good but I would call that more beachwear than party wear.
    The shorts look good but it seems odd to just go out in a bra

• Usually the average is 60 : 40 ratio. You can expose 60% of your body and protect 40% of the body by wearing appropriate clothes. So If you are a conservative type of a person you can protect even 80% of your body. So in this case you seem to be dressed appropriately. By the way your attire looks good on your beautiful body. But please try to match your sports bra with a matching shorts. That will be more pleasing to the eye.

• From an actual adult point of view, that's too much skin. You're basically in as much as a bra and boy shorts would cover. If you want a lot of stares and inappropriate comments and assumptions... Then it's perfect.

• it seems like a lot of skin to me yes.

• That looks fine to me

• Get a tan bruh. Shit

• probably don't wear a sports bra unless you're going to workout, I think maybe a crop top would work better but I"m not a fashion expert. I don't think anyone will really care what you wear, nice body by the way

• always depends on the place and occasion. if you're on a private party and are okay with getting some extra attention... sure why not

• But that's a sports bra

• celebrities dress like that 4 attention I personally still think it over the top tho

• What type of "party" do you speak of? Because if you were going to somewhere like a rave this would be more than acceptable.

• In public I would at least wear a shirt over your sports bra , modesty
    Otherwise you're fine

• That depends on your OWN values. Nobody else's comment will ever make sense to you if it is not the same as your own opinion.

• Yeah its not the skin it looks like your dressing up to go to the gym not a party.

• Too much.

• you look ok

• Nice abs, you have a sexy body but definitely to much skin😊💯

• Maybe if you're going to an orgy or going to tan.

• Nice choice, I like it

• You could wear a T-shirt over your sports bra & Short's could be little lengthier too.

• Looks great, ridiculously mindblowingly sexy but without looking slutty, perfect :D

• girl you do what you want, just be aware of the consequences

• That seems fine for a party if its warm! Nice abs ;)

• you have such a hot body. like dayumm

• Well it is too much i believe but none of our business. You can wear what you want.

• It's cool. Look good

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 19

• Well personally I think if you wanted to pull off this look it'd be better to wear a flat colour, the pattern and the nike stripe says "I'm going to workout" and the bottoms say: "Haha not really", so it looks a little mismatched for my tastes. If it were a solid colour it'd look better.

It's too much skin for me, but if you like it go for it.

• Id wear a crop top instead of just a bra. Just a sports bra to work out in is fine but outside of that, I feel like it's better to have something more. My parents would've never let me leave home like that though so maybe I'm influenced on my opinion but yeah... the shorts look good though

• 1. You have a great body!
    2. I wouldn't wear that tbh. I'd wear something other than a sports bra, like a crop top. Personally, I'm all for wearing whatever you want, but for a party, I wouldn't wear it unless it's a pool party.

For any outfit, location is key. There are places where people practically roam naked and others where people are covered from head to toe. Just be conscious of your environment and wear what makes you comfortable and confident.

Will do it thanks!

• You look great

• its too much in my opinion

• The shorts are fine, I wouldn't wear just a sports bra. A cute tank top would look good. Crop top if you have one would work as well

• I say go for it, personally I think I'd opt for something other then a sports bra... but if you like it go for it!

• Sorry! That's not appropriate in public. If you're in the house then wear it otherwise girls like you are targets for sexual abuse and verbal. Be wise.

• you have a great body but no for the outfil
    wear a crop top at least

• It's not too much skin at all, just don't care for that design on your sports bra.
    But everyone has different tastes so you do you.

• I don't know if it is normal or not I just know that it looks horrible and not even a little fashionable

• whoa that's not appropriate at all, you need more clothes!!!

• That's not party 'attire' babe.

It's not like a club party with dresses and shit my friend snapped me that she's wearing shorts and a sports bra too

I'll wear that thanks girl my fashion sense is horrible

Welcome have fun

• don't worry, they'll be looking at your mustache.

media.giphy.com/media/TIXrCGSo6Y5Rm/giphy.gif

• of course tis up to you but, maybe cover a little more up

• You look pretty anything would look good on you.

• Nice lookin I don't think that's too much skin

• I think that is way too much skin to be showing.

• Not exactly something you'd wear to a party. Maybe a nicer crop top or a loose top... You look like you're one of those girls that wear sports gear just to look better than everyone else

Woah you sound really insecure about yourself

Not at all, I love myself the way I am. I'm just being honest, there are girls who wear work out outfits out and about to just look "better" and "fitter" than everyone else.