Do short guys stand a chance?

I'm 5'7 and I like all kinds of girls but really the ones that catch my eye are the taller girls. I'm talking about my 5'8, 5'9, 5'10 and even 5'11. Sometimes I do get looks from them and of course a smile. I do believe that confidence plays a huge factor but how would I stand out more?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'9 and personally, I don't mind short guys. I don't mind tall guys either. As long as a guy is confident and interesting, then I might take notice. The only thing I can see being an issue is that sometimes tall girls are insecure about their height, and being with a shorter guy can make them feel too tall. If your looking for tall ones, look for ones with confidence to match your own.

What Girls Said 2

• Of course you stand a chance...For taller women the problem is this, wearing shoes is a big problem...when I wear high heals I hit 5' 10 or so myself..If you watch, there are tons of women 5'2" and below...I know this is old fashioned but the guy seems to really like being taller then his date. I think we girls like it also...I do anyway, I prefer guys around 6'...It's not my only dating criteria but it's a larger one for me...likely because I was married to a guy that was 5'10" and hated when I wore heals...made enough of an impression on me to matter...In truth, there are more shorter women than taller...Best of luck. Cheers!

• If you want to stand out more do a couple things, don't lie about your height and don't constantly whine about how short you are. Like you said confidence is key. I'm 5'8 and I've dates a few guys that were significantly shorter than me. Typically they pointed out their obvious flaws and made me feel uncomfortable because they're uncomfortable. Just stay funny, and if the girl ever mentions a problem with your height, joke about it. Stay comical. Think Kevin Hart, he's sure but he stands out because he's F.U.N.N.Y! and all the ladies love Kevin Hart. Good luck!

What Guys Said 0