Why is my hair dryer on one side than the other?

I know it's somewhat out of the ordinary, but yes, I am a guy with long hair. As a guy, I don't know as much about hair care as most girls do, so that is who I am primarily seeking advice from. (Skip to the last paragraph if you don't need the details.)

Anyway, my hair is qbout shoulder lenght (to give you an idea), and the right side of my hair is dry, coarse, and brittle. The left side is perfectly smooth, silky, and healthy looking.

It should also be said that I straighten my hair at 250 and use leave-in conditioner every morning. I also brush my hair A LOT.

I usually push my hair back and part ot behind my ears, and when I do it, you can't tell the difference in moisture on each side, but when I try to brush it forward in front of my ears, it looks hideous.

This could be due to the fact that I usually sleep on my left side. If that is not the case though, do any of you know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks.

What Girls Said 2

• If you use any kind of heating tools, you need to use a heat protecting spray. It doesn't help that conventional straighteners damage the hair further by pulling and pressing down on the already damaged hair. I suggest you stop straightening for a while, and instead try using an after-shower straightening serum or mouse, heat protecting spray and blow dry it if you REALLY need straight hair.

Why this problem is happening, it's still too vague to really tell, but it likely has to do with how you style it.

Oh also, stop using a conventional brush. Get a wide toothed comb to help prevent breakage:

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images

You could either find vitamins specific for hair and nails at your local pharmacy or try sugarbearhair. com

Ok thanks for all the advice!

• It probably has something to do with the way you shampoo and condition your hair. Also, stop brushing your hair a lot. It makes it dry and full of split-ends.

Really? I thought you are supposed to brush it a lot to avoid tangling.

Also, I currently don't use shampoo at all because it makes the dryness worse. I use only conditioner, and I put it in after I shower.

What Guys Said 0