Why is thicker hair not good enough?

so many many many people are always saying people that have "good hair" dont have thick hair
men mostly saying that loser curls or straight hair is whats "good hair"

i think good hair is healthy strong hair but apparently is not...

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck that, whenever I go to a hair dresser they always say I have really thick hair and I like hearing that tbh.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thickness of hair can be applies to all hair textures. Obviously you're talking about kinky hair versus curly, wavy or straight hair.

Well, kinky hair can be found in all races, but the majority of the time it's only present in black. Most people around the world have straight, wavy or curly hair.

Kinky afro-textured hair isn't common and because it I've noticed blacks compare themselves against other people and then declare what they naturally have isn't good enough.

Of all the people I've met, there's been plenty of non black people who have taken an interest in kinky hair and find it to be beautiful. Of course healthy hair is beautiful hair. I have soft curly hair, and while I admire curly hair the most I can see the beauty in wavy, straight, and yes kinky.

The main people you should be concerned with is other blacks. They don't seem to value themselves and what they have, yet somehow manage to convince you the world views you the same way. It's a black person issue that you're facing, no one else cares that much about your hair, or other features for that matter.

you must be white, you have no clue what its like

Wow seriously? Well you must be black American, because that's certainly the type of ignorance your group tainted with.

yeah sure... you wouldn't understand so goodybye

What Guys Said 3

• My hair is thick as fuck and whenever i go to the hairdresser women are jealous of it.

Feels good.

• Lol when i go to get my hair cut the man always tells me I have thick hair, i take it as a compliment.

• I think it's fine

What Girls Said 7

• I have thick hair and a lot of people think that's good hair

• I don't understand. I would think healthy hair would look the best; hence: "good hair"/looks healthy.

Are you talking about: thick as in each hair is thick, or thick as in the bulk is very thick?

• Thick hair is the best. My hair is slowly getting thicker and it makes me so happy.

• people are envious of thick hair
    but it's usually straight, thick hair
    any other texture i find that people are rather neutral about it

• Uhhh dunno what you're talking about. But thick hair the best. I have a lot of hair and people are aways jealous and wish they had some.

• I have thick hair and I get it thinned out

• Healthy, full, hair is good. Let that shit grow healthy and natural