Is height one of a woman's beauty criteria?

Most models are tall, especially taller than a certain height. But there are many short women who are beautifull according to me. Do you think height is the one of beauty criterias, or it is completely irrevelant?

1mo up? guys

Most Helpful Guy

• Height is one of the criterion for being a model, not to be considered beautiful. The modelling industry doesn't have the authority to define beauty. That's subjective and I tend to be attracted to shorter, full-figured girls, then I am to lanky models.

*side note: criterias is not a word. Criteria is the plural of criterion.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• I don't really care as long as she is taller than 5'1 and shorter than 5'9.

Short girls (5'2) and tall girls (5'8) can both be attractive to me in different ways so I can't really say I prefer one over the other.

I don't really care as long as she is taller than 5'1 and shorter than 5'9.

That's an Oxymoron, love

well the question was is height a criteria and you started saying it isn't but then the sentence took a sharp 180 degree turn and you're saying that it is

@nalaa

Technically everything is a beauty criteria to some extent. Any feature that deviates outside of a certain range can detract from a person's attractiveness. However, that range will be more narrowly defined with some features than with others. My answer to her was meant to be interpreted as "yes it can be a criteria for me, but as long as a girl's height falls between 5'1 and 5'9 then it doesn't significantly add to or detract from her overall attractiveness".

In my opinion, that answers her question better than saying "yes it is a beauty criteria" or "no it isn't".

• Some girls are too tall. And some are too short.

But typically if they're in between then it works.

• Most guys, including myself, want women who are shorter than us because in general being tall is a masculine feature and being short is a feminine feature. So I would say being shorter than the guy you want to date is a good thing.

• Preferring short is practically dysgenic. I do tend to like taller girls.

Really, height isn't a deal breaker though. I don't care all that much.

• Not really for me

• You know what is beautiful? A woman's heart! So many women are so obsessed with outer appearance (which doesn't matter at all) and they wonder why no guys want them, so they conclude that they are ugly. No! Develop a kindhearted personality. Someone who cares and loves people. That's it.

some of us tried and it didn't work, so we focus on our looks instead

@gossiping Tried? There are men out there who don't give a damn about a woman's personality or her looks, but just wants the booty. Those men you watch out for. I'm not attracted to, nor is any decent guy, someone who is just good looking. There must be a connection. A good personality will always attracted good men. And unfortunately the bad ones. Let me prove to you what a man desires of a woman. "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." -Written by King Solomon. Oh and this one,"Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." -The Lord. Seriously, looks don't mean a damn things at all.

• It's part of a modelling criteria, not beauty criteria. Many people find things outside the modelling criteria to be very attractive.

• Yes, I love tall women. I'm tall at 6'2" myself and I don't like bending to them, so I think women at least 5'6" and up are better for me.

• My criteria are that I need to. E taller (6'1 so that isn't hard) and they can't be less than 5 foot because then it just gets awkward.

• Height doesn't matter to me but I notice tall women more.

• For some, maybe. For a majority, I'd say probably not. As long as it's not child-like height. There's a happy medium.

• To men? No, not really. Individuals may vary, but men as a whole don't generally care.

• I don't think height matters as much as society would make you believe. Everyone says tall guys get laid, well I'm over 6'4 and girls don't even look. It's overrated

They still prefer you to us shorties though. Put yourself out there (even more if you already do) and I'll guarantee you'll be successful.

Maybe if you work out more. A lot of tall guys are super skinny and have a hard time gaining mass so its difficult to be muscular and tall.

@inceptin951 i think i have enough muscle.. lol thats me in my profile pic

• i like women who are close to my height

• i like shorter women so yes.

• Not a beauty criteria for me.

• Not important to me, except in extremes; no "little people", no WNBA centers.

• Yes, I find tallness very attractive.

Why did I get a dislike? I didn't say I found shorter or average heights unattractive. 😕

• Height is only a mjor factor for women like you. They were never for men -_-

• I wouldn't say it's a beauty criteria, but preference wise I like them <6 feet tall

• Depends on guy. For me i don't prefer shorter than 5'4.

• I dunno

• height isn't important for a woman to be attractive. i prefer average to tall girls just because i'm tall but that's just me.

• Height adds to the sex appeal and beauty of both men and women

this^

if you are a scandinavian, i will approve a rumor :D

Unfortunately nope

• It's pretty irrelevant to be honest. A woman's body shape is so much more important.

Drop in a few pics. That usually helps attract some ups.

• Yes I don't like girls under 5'10 at all :P

• Well, isn't the same thing, to women? Don't women judge a man, based on his height?

• Yes of course

What Girls Said 6

• for a lot of people it is. for some it has more to do with the overall shape of a womans physique than there height

• Well, if you look like an high tower inside of the crowd, they would only watch you (not looking, 😂). Some women get jealous, some men lose their courage. I dunno if it's a criteria but know it's not a crater.

• No, I don't. I'm cute af but hella short.

• i find taller and slim to be prettier but I've seen gorgeous short women, for example ariana grande

• Yes it is.

• I think to some people it is but not to others.
    For me, I'm short but ultra cute!☺️