My mum told me that it could be offensive to some people and says I should get it in a palace where it can be hidden, I'm not really sure how it could be. But what do you think?
Most Helpful Girl
My general opinion for tattoos are always these:
- Spell check. Seriously. Especially if it's in another language.
- Don't get something stupid, like a dick on your forehead.
- Don't get something offensive, like a nazi symbol or the confederate flag, or any other type of hateful/oppressive stuff. (No I wouldn't consider this cat skeleton offensive, even though some people might find it a bit gross, it's definitely not on the same level as openly supporting mass genocide or racism or something).
- Placement definitely matters and not just because of what other people might think, but more importantly because of what *you* think. I, for example, feel like I'd get tired of my tattoo if I could constantly see it. That's why I chose the hip. Makes me appreciate it a lot more, plus it makes it more intimate, which fits the meaning of it. :) In general you should put your own opinion first and others' second (though I'd argue that you shouldn't get a tattoo in the first place if you care way too much about what others think, it's for you after all, not them).
- Always do your research on the artists, and preferably you should have a consultation session with them before getting the tattoo done, so that you'll know what kind of style they have, what to expect, if any changes are necessary because of placement or other issues/hurdles.1