What are your best shaving tips?

Share your best shaving tips for smooth skin, without bumps.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• i like to take baths before I shave. And I do hot water it opens your pores and will be easier to shave with however once you shaved and if you put your leg back in the hot water there is a possibility of getting razor burn but that only ever happened to me when I didn't allow my pores to open up before shaving. Instead of shaving cream I use hair conditioner it makes your legs soft and silky. They say not to go against the grain but I go against it anyways because it gives a closer shave. However first I'll shave in the direction the hair grows in then I'll shave against it. They also say if your going to shave your legs that your razor blade can be used up to 3 times, if you're going to shave your pubes or armpits it can be used up to 2 times before it becomes too dull. Making sure your blade isn't dull helps you have a good shave too. Lastly I like to use this lotion that you put on your body while it's wet then when you're ready to dry off you wipe the lotion off too. Then I apply another lotion on and call it good. It's also good to shave slowly and not so fast like how the girls in commercials do it. Take your time with it.

What Guys Said 3

• Good razors and plenty of cream/lotion/foam, plus take your time. Maybe some moisturisers or aftershave balm
    www.momjunction.com/.../

• use a lawn mower, gets you a clean shave every time. I 100% guarantee it or your money back

Thanks so much! Probably the most helpful answer on here! :D

• Don't shave anything, it's sexier that way.

What Girls Said 6

• use conditioner

• do it in the shower when your hair follicles are loose, exfoliate with a sugar scrub+loofah before shaving so all the dead skin scuffs off. use a moisturizing shave cream and sharp razor. against the grain for legs and pits, with the grain for bikini. cool water directly on shaved areas, then lots of lotion.

• Shave with the grain not against it and soak in warm water first it opens up your pores, then soak in cold water this way it closes your pores.

• Use a sugar scrub, shave with coconut oil, sugar scrub again.
    Best shave EVER

• Make sure to always use shaving cream and water (hot water helps soften the hair follicles) don't use to much pressure, don't get in a hurry, clean your razor off a lot, and use a moisturizer after you are done.

• Use baby oil instead of shaving cream