Girls and tattoos and piercings? yes, no, maybe so? =)

I currently got my belly button pierced. I want to get a tattoo and I want gauges as well, just wanted to know what the opposite sex thinks of it. Is it a turn on or a turn off? and how much is too much?

i was thinking of getting the nautical stars on my hips, one on each side, and it'd be discrete =)

Most Helpful Girl

• So I know you're asking for a guy's opinion on this, but as a girl, I have had this conversation with many of my guy friends. Most I've talked to are not fans of tattoos at all, but piercings don't seem to be an issue. I think what most guys (and hopefully girls) don't want is a girl who looks trashy. For example, some girls can have an eyebrow piercing and have it look really nice on them. Other girls, who may be a little bit rough looking, may not suit an eyebrow piercing at all as it makes them look even rougher. Tattoos are pretty much the same way, they need to be done in modesty. Large tattoos of say, a dragon (for lack of a better example), climbing up your back usually do not look classy. But if you were to get a smaller, less "cliched" tattoo on your back it could look very nice. Guys also seem to dislike tattoos with very little personal meaning, such as butterflies or stars, where there may not be any emotion attached. The thing is with tattoos, if you want to get something that means a lot to you, it shouldn't matter what the opposite gender thinks. In the end, you're getting a tattoo for yourself. You're not going to want to be with a guy who's going to be turned off of you completely because of what you have on your body. As I said, I know you were looking for a guy's opinion but I hope this helps... :)

What Guys Said 37

• I don't like them. I think a woman's body is already perfect it doesn't need any work done.

I wouldn't go to an art gallery with a box of crayons and let a two year old do any work on the displays because it doesn't add anything improving to it. That's how I feel about a woman's body (well some of them, lol), but I'm sure you already have your mind made up.

Also, not many guys will completely write you off for having piercings or tatts so do what makes you happy. If you absolutely have to get a tatt be original. Everyone has stars get something that is distinctly you.

• Love piercings and tattoos!There's certainly such a thing as too much, but I don't think getting gauges and a tattoo would be overboard if all you have currently is belly button (and ears). But looking at the other responses, I seem to be in the minority :P Oh well, I still think piercings and tattoos are incredibly hot.

• What tattoo are you getting? A small tattoo in someplace discrete or a sleeve? While from the gist of this post it doesn't seem like you're getting a sleeve, more obvious tattoos can sometimes be a turn off to guys.

Belly button piercings are ok. I'm not a huge fan, but they don't bother me either. Stretched ears (they're not called gauges) are really hot as long as their not too big. I don't like anything over 1/2".

• Firest of all, thanks for ASKING.

Foir most of us, anyone over 16 for sure, the answer is TURN OFF.. It's a total TURN OFF...

• I don't mind a girl with tatts but more than ever I do not trust women with tattoos of fruit, huge butterflies, or back bullseye's. Especially back tatts that say queen of the doggy style

• Lol I wouldn't either

• Thats alright, pretty cool I guess

• Thats alright

• I like both. Just not in excess.

Pierce the nostril, eyebrow, tongue, but not a fan of the lips.

Tats: Size, Taste, and Placement are really needed to be known before offering an opinion. What you discribed in the update - stars on hips - seems fine.

• For me, I'm down with normal piercings or extra ear piercings. I think belly button rings can look bad on some, good on others, so that all depends on the person. I'm not a fan of big gauges or industrial piercings, snakebites- anything too extreme I guess. For some reason I tend to find nose rings really REALLY unattractive. Could just be me though.

For tattoos, I think small ones are cute on girls, and depending on the tattoo, I'll like it or at least be cool with it as long as its not like... a complete tramp stamp :p Saw some girl with "d*** sucka" tattoo'd on her chest. Not hot.

Honestly I won't hold it against any girl I care about if they want to do something to themselves, as long as its not going to be bad for them, or if I honestly can't tolerate it. (not sure what that would be heh)

I know my girlfriend has... 8 piercings on her ears I think? Two little loops on the top of her ear, then some studs and whatever earings she feels like wearing today :p I wasn't sure if I liked the piercings when we first started dating, till I got to know her. I guess I've found something about her that's irresistibly sexy.

Last thing is, just don't turn yourself into an art gallery. :p If you get a few tats, get them in different places, maybe varying sizes. My girlfriend is getting a tat of angel wings on her hip (possibly with my name or initials somewhere near..?) and I think its sweet, cause my pet name for her is Angel, and she loves it :p As for me I'm gettin a tool tattoo. it has personal meaning and significance, you'd just have to be me to understand :p

But yeah hope something I said helps!

Apologies for rambling, had finals this week and haven't slept in a few days. Starting to see odd colors. Goodnight lol :)

• Tatoos will never be discrete to your Grandchildren. You are beautiful, you don't need to do it. Instead, try doing something better with yourself. Go shopping and find a cute dress, try a different make-up style and after it is all over go get some Professional Beauty Shots. One day, your future husband will love you for it. You don't need the tatoos or the piercings, you just need to be you. He will love you for it.

• i have two tattoos and this is going to sound bad but I hate tattoos on a female. I mean a girls body is so perfect I hate to see something on it. I mean a little something on the ankle or foot is cool but anywhere else just ruins it. as far a piercings the belly button and the ears are the only cool piercings.

• It used to be tattoos and piercing where only seen in the hard core communities (read SM and bikers), now they are so common as to be kinda dull. I don't think a lot about people who rebel in the approved manners.

• yeah the belly button is hot on a girl , your tattoo idea sounds good and be pretty hot . and it not be visible during the day which is good .

gauges don't appeal much to me to be honest

• I vote no. Well, of course ears are okay but piercings do nothing for me. The only possible outcome... my opinion... is a girl accidentally gets one that just looks bad on her. Significant down side and no up side is my reason for the no vote.

• Belly button pierced is ok. Ears pierced are ok. Facial piercing, tattoos and gauges no no no a turn off.

• tattoos and piercings are very sexy, but the gauging is not a very big turn on to me, tattoos are a huge turn on though

• Tattoos. Many are very nice, but they have to be picked an placed spot on, otherwise they will never be elegant.

• Nah they look slutty.

• It all depends on the guy. My best friend loves that stuff and then I have friends who don't like it at all. So find out how much they like it and don't be afraid to express that ur into all that. Just ask their opinion, but in the end it's up to you.

• I don't like tattoos, but my girlfriend has a lot of them. It doesn't bother me since they are not on me. Piercings on the other hand I like.

• am ok with billy b piercing, small nice tattoos.

facial piercing, NO

visible tattoos, NO

p

• Gauges are a huge turn off. Tattoo's are fine as long as you don't get a person's face.

• turn on! never too much

• I love the tattoos idea, but not a big fan of gauges they ruin beautiful ears... try piercing somewhere else sexier!

• i love tattoo's on girls, my girlfriend has 5 tattoo's and I love it (the more the better lol tho sadly I only have 1 but am planning on getting like 3 more eventually)

• NO NO NO...

NO GUAGES

• Weird Piercings. HELL NO

• i can't speak for other guys but I don't like percings though I don't mind tatoos

• I don't like more than two tattoos on a girl or on her feet.I like it on breast but it must be small.

and no piercing.

• groovy

• Depends of what you get, different guys like different things.

• not much of a fan of piercings or tattoos

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 5

• Well I have two tattoo's one's white ink on my wrist, so that I can still hide it for future employers and the other is four stars on my foot which also can be hidden. They both have personal meaning and in my opinion if a guy thinks there a turn off then they just wouldn't be understanding the personal reasons behind the tattoos

• I wouldn't do the whole gauges thing, I googled it and there really ugly. but everything else sounds fine you know from a girls point of view although you might want to think of something that has a little bit more of a meaning for you so that in 20 years from now you won't be like compleatly regreating it you know?

I hope it turns out for you though!

good luck! :)

• Well, I have twelve piercings and I love mine. I love piercings on people, they're f***ing hot. And I also have three tatt's but I plan to get more.

• I am a girl as well, but let me tell you that MANY ment love tattoos and piercings. Just be careful not to go too far. Guages and visible tattoos can cause you some difficulty finding work in the vast majority of mainstream fields.

I am speaking as the voice of experience...lol

• no its sexy