Are muscles worth the time and energy?

Some women like them,
they give you a sense of security as you know you can defend yourself,
There useful when you need to do something physical.

But they may make you seem more threatening to pepole which is a bad thing most of the time , you have to eat more and maintain them
and put in a lot of effort to get them witch could take from putting effort in other areas?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I do it. If I don't I get kicked in the head by my sparring partner. And also, I got trouble trusting people when on the street. I've seen a lot of street fights happen so I'm kind of holding my guard up at all times, physique is good to defend or to retreat and running

Also I like it cause sports make me feel good

What Girls Said 6

• I am attracted to fit dudes, average looking dudes - but even when it comes to fit guys it isn't the *swoon* he can protect me oh em geeee.

Bitch hold his arms and I'll get his legs, fucking teamwork. I got you, you got me.

It's more about the discipline. I appreciate dedication.

• I like lean muscle.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...5fd531ff36.jpg
    ^^ this is hot. I like big hands and thick forearms 😍❤
    I hate that big bodybuilding monstrosity.

That dude isn't even muscular lmao brb 12 inch arms

*Drools* haha

Im not sure i'm even physically capable of looking like the bodybuilder
      I think I could manage something a lot like the sort of torso of the guy in the picture just a bit more hairy.
      I still have a video of me some one took when i use to play 7s and was more muscular i was quite camera shy and my hairline was bad and still is but my torso was a lot like a more hairy version of that.
      Now its definitly less toned though so geting to that physic agine would take a lot of work.

• Brain > Muscles.
    But Muscles (decent amount, not hulk) are a big plus <3

• Yes... muscles are worth it... why is this even a question...

• It's not about muscles actually. If there is a man, who takes care of himself, who is healthy and who is strong, also who is intelligent, then I would say "He is attractive"

• I will get muscle soon

What Guys Said 14

• bro i just wanna clear it up for you

muscles does not = know you can defend yourself

knowing how to fight = know you can defend yourself

muscles only add an intimidation factor. thats it.

anyways, are muscles worth the time and energy? depends on how you wanna live your life. you shouldn't build your body to appeal others to begin with, you should do it for yourself.

• I do bodyweight exercises. I just focus on a few exercises. It's not a huge time investment, but it's definitely an energy one. It utilises some of my 'creative energy'. However it's good to build your nervous system up for health reasons, and to have something positive to focus on. It's also important to find means to get back into the body, since we're such a head based culture. Working out is the most overt way to do that! I don't eat any differently, and I think eating too much is bad for you. I'm not huge and bulky. I have a nice control over my body.

Don't be sure about 'being able to defend yourself. You see some big guys on a punch bag on youtube, and they make a big song and dance, it looks good, but it's lumbering and not even particularly powerful. I can probably move the bag twice as much as those 'tards, and I probably literally weigh 5 stone less! Overall, yes, you will have more 'physical prowess', which will be helpful to win some fights.

I suppose the point I want to make, is that you don't have to gym. That involves a huge investment in time. I just focus on progressions of squats, leg raises, press ups and pull ups (and will likely add in rows, bridges and handstand pushups when I get stronger), do them all at home. Most other exercises are redundant or reiterations on a waste of time. Just my highly subjective and biased take!

• Yes, I think muscles are well worth the time & energy, given the obvious health benefits and the sexual appeal it adds to a person. Not only does working out make you feel good, but it makes you look good!

• Yes, every day is a gains day. Right now it's off season bro

• I think it is a personal choice - Some just go for fit look rather than a bulky look.

• Live like a warrior bruh, no matter how much effort you give. I don't think there is an excuse about it, just do it if you like it and care about yourself dicipline will come itself anyway.

• Yeah absolutely. I'm pretty unique though lol. As long as your in shape I'll respect ya. Not everyone like heavy weight training and bodybuilding.

• The whole body.

• You have to do it right I think you have to be born with them to trule

To truly have good muscles. You can gain mass and size without roids but it takes a lot of work and dedication which a lot of guys just don't have. Bottom line it's genetics.

You're born with a certain amount of ability to grow them as well things like myostatin limit it
      I know I have the ability to be stronger than i am now because I was 1 stone heavier in uni and faster and stronger because i worked out more played sports and took supplements. But i also partially blame the effort i put in to stay in shape for not pursuing side projects i was on track for a 1st in my first year so i can do it not to hulk standards but make big improvements in a year or 2 up to a limit go from fairly average to fairly strong a the expense of time and energy.

• Yes. Muscles aren't for women. Muscles are for beating the shit (if necessary) out of your enemy.

You are a warrior, by nature, my friend.

• yes its worth it. not just physcially but mentally too

• All women are diff and no one is the same so they all have diff preferences. Dating is like a lotto that u gotta keep tryin' til u score 👌🏼

• Yup, every minute.

• Keeps me healthy and strong also a good workout feels great. Ladies love a man who looks after himself. Iys important to put effort and energy into all aspects of your life instead of playing Xbox all day in your room